• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ation-controls
    Out of touch much!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
      Completely out of touch.

I know plenty of tradesmen, electricians etc, who have been undercut by cheap competition. Don't think they'd like to be referred to as an "entry level job".

Comment

NAFTA has the freedom of movement for skilled people and this is going to be a given I reckon. Any agreement with the EU will probably even go beyond that.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
          Completely out of touch.

I know plenty of tradesmen, electricians etc, who have been undercut by cheap competition. Don't think they'd like to be referred to as an "entry level job".
          Same as me many were also ex IT contractors who had to fall back on those trades the last time the IT contract market crashed & burned...bet they are well unhappy now they are being undercut & put out of business again! We do not need any imported skilled or unskilled workers in the UK as long as we have over 9M economically inactive potential workers!!

Comment

Credit Suisse to cut 5,500 jobs in 2017 after $2.4 billion full-year loss | Reuters
            More bad news for IT contractors there are bound to be a lot of IT related roles lost because of this. After trading IT is the next highest paid role in banking.

Comment

It's gone up now - 6500 Credit Suisse jobs going ...

Comment

Credit Suisse to cut 5,500 jobs in 2017 after $2.4 billion full-year loss | Reuters
                More bad news for IT contractors there are bound to be a lot of IT related roles lost because of this. After trading IT is the next highest paid role in banking.
                This is usually good news for contractors as they need them to help to make the people redundant and bring in new IT systems to make the business more efficient. Had a contract at Barclaycard to help cut 1200 jobs.

Comment

In most banks now IT is just a cost they are not bothered about using it to gain competitive advantage, so all round it just costs cutting in banking IT resources, infra everything, IT in banking is not a great place to be anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
                    In most banks now IT is just a cost they are not bothered about using it to gain competitive advantage, so all round it just costs cutting in banking IT resources, infra everything, IT in banking is not a great place to be anymore.
                    IT everywhere is a race to the bottom!

Comment

IT everywhere is a race to the bottom!
                      Then it bounces back as they realise what paying too much cheapness actually gets you.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X