• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that it will stop me looking but not expecting anything until the new year. Will tell any tame agents I am available but will no doubt have to repeat the exercise in January.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      I think the trick is to get your own IP and find your own clients (also means you never have to worry about IR35 again).

That's the way forwards for me and stops me depending on contract roles coming up.
      ^ this
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

After no interviews for a month, I received 4 in one week.....bagged the first one and then signed the contract, only to find the other three interviews come through, the remaining 3 were all at much higher day rate, bit gut wrenching....but since I signed on the dotted line, will see it through.......

Comment

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
          After no interviews for a month, I received 4 in one week.....bagged the first one and then signed the contract, only to find the other three interviews come through, the remaining 3 were all at much higher day rate, bit gut wrenching....but since I signed on the dotted line, will see it through.......
          Can you not use your substitute?

Comment

No roles in 4 weeks, then 1 appeared, 1 application, 1 interview.

Can all happen very fast....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              No roles in 4 weeks, then 1 appeared, 1 application, 1 interview.

Can all happen very fast....
              That's 'cos you're really ace, Ace.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Was out forward for something on my first full day of looking. Looking at some of the recent successes on here maybe the industry doesn't shut up on the run up to Christmas anymore?

We saw a similar thing over the Summer.

Comment

Everything seems a bit quiet for some reason

Hoping for a glut of stuff to come through now the recruiting 'line in the sand' that is Christmas and New Year is over.

Word to the wise: Lots of companies now pooing themselves over GDPR. Don't promise too much.
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Not looking but the Java dev market seems buoyant based on calls I'm getting.

Comment

Had a couple of CV submissions which sounded genuine just before the Christmas break. Waiting to hear back... I think applying in December is tricky because the hiring managers have other priorities like finishing their Christmas shopping, making sure the other half has everything they need in the kitchen so they don't get earache, etc. etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X