• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

Even better. Get yourself a bike (or an e-bike if your fitness is not there yet) and do just eat/deliveroo deliveries. Get some money and stay in the best shape of your life.
    Fitness is ok.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great, so you already have a bike and the necessary accessories.

Initial cost = 0

You can make money from the start with deliveroo and just eat.

I remember seeing a GCN youtube video where one of the presenters did exactly that and showed clearly how much money he made by doing food deliveries.

Comment

Initial cost = 0

I remember seeing a GCN youtube video where one of the presenters did exactly that and showed clearly how much money he made by doing food deliveries.
        So how much was it?

Comment

Initial cost = 0

Thanks. Just watched it. He did 10hrs Fri night, Sat am, 10hrs, ~50miles, £135.00. I might just register and have a go. Does look like fun TBH.

​​​​

Comment

I just re-watched it. All good but I wouldn't do it on that bike. Position is too aggressive, the box was all but parallel to the ground. I'd either do it on a nice flat bar bike with relaxed geometry or I'd get one of those front rack and put the box on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SchumiStars View Post

Thanks. Just watched it. He did 10hrs Fri night, Sat am, 10hrs, ~50miles, £135.00. I might just register and have a go. Does look like fun TBH.

​​​​
              £135? I get that going to the toilet on ClientCo's dime.

Comment

<mod snip> no winking in the profs

Comment

I just re-watched it. All good but I wouldn't do it on that bike. Position is too aggressive, the box was all but parallel to the ground. I'd either do it on a nice flat bar bike with relaxed geometry or I'd get one of those front rack and put the box on it.
                  I only have 2 bikes. Both are Dogma F's.

Comment

I love cyclists! - MAMIL's- yum!
                    couldn't eat a whole one though.

Comment

Originally posted by SchumiStars View Post

I only have 2 bikes. Both are Dogma F's.
                      Don't drive a ferrari to deliver take away meals. There are lots of second hand commuter hybrid bikes on ebay and gumtree now. Get one of those if you're going to progress with a temporary delivery job.

Comment

Working...
                      X