• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will accountant really save money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    I did my research on that and actually im running my ltd alone for few months , keeping books in order etc. There's not so much to it, to be honest I cant justify paying 1000+ for an accountant for the little work required and calculate few digits and work out how much taxfree I can pay to myself and how much by dividend.
    I have yet to submit my accounts but I also know that Companies House or HMRC don't bother will small companies anyway
    Well.. I just don't know
    You wont realise the pain until the end of year accounts. Yes it sounds naive. Get an accountant

Comment

I have yet to submit my accounts but I also know that Companies House or HMRC don't bother will

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
        You wont realise the pain until the end of year accounts. Yes it sounds naive. Get an accountant
        Ok , its probably been asked millions of times already but since we already have a conversation then :
        go for online or local ? if online then any recommendations?

Comment

I did my research on that and actually im running my ltd alone for few months , keeping books in order etc. There's not so much to it, to be honest I cant justify paying 1000+ for an accountant for the little work required and calculate few digits and work out how much taxfree I can pay to myself and how much by dividend.
          I have yet to submit my accounts but I also know that Companies House or HMRC don't bother will small companies anyway
          Well.. I just don't know
          Have you seen this... HMRC Scheme Enquiries HMRC are very bothered by One Man Ltds right now.

Comment

To counter act the naysayers, I do not use an accountant, by no means does that mean I do everything perfect, but after 5 years I think I am OK (with a bit of asking the good people in the professional forums for a bit of advice now and then), I use this software DIY Accounting Software, Small Business, Payslip Software, Tax Return, Limited Company UK

It is possible but very time consuming, you need to throw a lot of time into reading up on legislation etc., as has been said before the biggie will be come end of year, CT600's are a nightmare if you don't know what you are doing, even going back and comparing last years to this doesn't work as they awlawys seem to change
            Last edited by SimonMac; 4 June 2015, 10:03.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Does that sound naïve?
              It sounds utterly stupid to me but you are obviously just looking for one answer only so it sounds like you are doing very well. So fill your boots and enjoy the 100 quid a month you are saving...

I hope you are not paying for contract reviews and PI/PL insurance either. Complete waste of money.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                It sounds utterly stupid to me but you are obviously just looking for one answer only so it sounds like you are doing very well. So fill your boots and enjoy the 100 quid a month you are saving...

I hope you are not paying for contract reviews and PI/PL insurance either. Complete waste of money.
                Not looking for one answer just making my own mind. Wagering pros and cons and risks. That's what I do when I money is involved. You know, a good skill to have.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  Have you seen this... HMRC Scheme Enquiries HMRC are very bothered by One Man Ltds right now.
                  That doesn't show anything of the sort. That shows contractors avoiding the tax they would otherwise pay if they were One Man Ltd's.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Ok , its probably been asked millions of times already but since we already have a conversation then :
                    go for online or local ? if online then any recommendations?
                    Personally I prefer local. Its true you pay more. But, IMO, you are less likely to be scrutinized by HMRC. Unless you are totally stupid and your accountant is too. Like my mate who put through the cost of his new kitchen! HMRC never got tired of making his life a misery.

Remember you can get accountancy advice online here instead. But you have no idea if the advice is god or bad. And half the time someone(you know who you are) just tells you to read the first timers guide anyway.

PS IANAA

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      To counter act the naysayers, I do not use an accountant, by no means does that mean I do everything perfect, but after 5 years I think I am OK (with a bit of asking the good people in the professional forums for a bit of advice now and then), I use this software DIY Accounting Software, Small Business, Payslip Software, Tax Return, Limited Company UK

It is possible but very time consuming, you need to throw a lot of time into reading up on legislation etc., as has been said before the biggie will be come end of year, CT600's are a nightmare if you don't know what you are doing, even going back and comparing last years to this doesn't work as they awlawys seem to change
                      It's a good point, and you've obviously done it well. But if someone comes on here with the mistaken belief that HMRC and Companies House don't worry about small companies, than maybe DIY accounting isn't for that person!

Comment

Working...
                      X