• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS Bans Contractors From Using Car Park

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AMH View Post
    if a plumber or electrician had to go to site to fix something where would they park?
    Thats exactly where I would be parking... or in the visitors bay.
    Yeah, until your contract was prematurely terminated. Perks are for permies. Contractors charge for their services and wise ones cost in their expenses before just getting on with the job.

Comment

if a plumber or electrician had to go to site to fix something where would they park?
      You seriously need to think about your business and relationship with your clients. This is the second load of tulip comparison you've posted. Utter crap.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Jeez. Some of you are a bit precious about parking. Suck it up mun.

Obviously, client is gonna let permies park there first arent they? Get a grip.
        +1 to this
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You seriously need to think about your business and relationship with your clients. This is the second load of tulip comparison you've posted. Utter crap.
          By wanting to use the suppliers car park? Seems like an eminently sensible idea to me.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I think you overestimate how trades people get treated. I've had exactly the same rant from a plumber mate. Ive also had it as a permie consultant where a client banned everyone who wasn't their own permie.

I agree its annoying and, being honest, I tend to push my luck but its not worth getting too upset about.

Comment

I would start arriving late and leaving early, if they question it, "Had to park miles away, coz u banned uz from car park innit".

Option 2.
              Since it's Edinburgh Centre use public transport.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                Permies and contractors have different security badges. Only the permie ones will work the barrier.

Obviously there can be ways around it, if you give a permie a lift to work you could use his/her badge for example.
                They have that where I currently am, I just ring the bell and security just let me in. In fact they normally just raise the barrier as soon as they see my car coming down the road as its a slightly unique colour. I did get told not to park in the visitors places though...In fact for the first couple of years I was parking in side roads until someone asked why I didn't use the carpark.

I've only ever worked at one place here where contractors couldn't park on company premises and the local side roads were bloody awful. I used to get there before 7 as anytime after that most would be full. If I spent more than 15 minutes looking for a space I would just drive home and go back to bed and I lasted 7 years on and off there (actually I should see if my pass still functions as it was set-up to run out in 2035!!!)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  They have that where I currently am, I just ring the bell and security just let me in. In fact they normally just raise the barrier as soon as they see my car coming down the road as its a slightly unique colour. I did get told not to park in the visitors places though...In fact for the first couple of years I was parking in side roads until someone asked why I didn't use the carpark.

I've only ever worked at one place here where contractors couldn't park on company premises and the local side roads were bloody awful. I used to get there before 7 as anytime after that most would be full. If I spent more than 15 minutes looking for a space I would just drive home and go back to bed and I lasted 7 years on and off there (actually I should see if my pass still functions as it was set-up to run out in 2035!!!)
                  The email was sent out stating that contractors will not be allowed access to the car park between the hours of 4am and 10:30am (essentially banning us because it will be full by 07:45 and our passes won't work the barrier). After that we will have to ring security to show our pass on the cctv and they will let us in if there is an available space.

As I said, I use public transport anyway so it was just a heads up for anyone offered a contract here.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Wll you will have made a right tit of yourself and not done any other contractor at that site a favour either. Jesus, throwing a paddy over a bit of parking. Christ on a bike. I was there 7 years ago and it was hardly a bomb site and it was a very short distance away. As already mentioned there was plenty of other parking nearby as well. I have been to client sites that are so big I've had to walk further across site to get to the office than this one.

This.....
                    Ive not done other contractors a favour?

Says the man who wanted to 'opt in' but caved when the agent said 'you opt out else no job.'

That sort of not helping contractors you mean?

You really need to wind your neck in. You're not some great sage of the forum.

I keep reading here how people should act more like a business yet many of them spout this act like permies.

Go tell your workman he has to park his van 10 - 15 minute walk from your gaff and see how many turn up to do the job.

Talking of 'jobs,' how pathetic is it when you keep pulling people for saying 'job' and then you spout utter childish drivel about having a 'gig.'

Really, you need to take a very strong dose of your own medicine.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Lloyds have been doing this for ages at their Manchester site...

Understand Barclays at RadBrooke is the same too
                      Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                      X