• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS Bans Contractors From Using Car Park

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Years ago went for a role with halifax at pudsey. That had a massive car park. At end of the interview I asked about such things as hours and parking. The interviewer said contractors were not allowed to park on site and had to park on some council bomb site a short distance away.

I thanked him for wasting my time. Why's that then, he asked. I said I dont work with clients who make me park off site especially on some rubble heap.

On another tack, I personally dont see a contractor having a different colour id badge or not being able to park on site as IR35 pointers. if they are, they're so weak as to be worth nothing.
    Wll you will have made a right tit of yourself and not done any other contractor at that site a favour either. Jesus, throwing a paddy over a bit of parking. Christ on a bike. I was there 7 years ago and it was hardly a bomb site and it was a very short distance away. As already mentioned there was plenty of other parking nearby as well. I have been to client sites that are so big I've had to walk further across site to get to the office than this one.

It's a strange attitude that you think somebody has been wasting your time just because you can't be 4rsed walking for 60 seconds!
    This.....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I supposed the OP only agreed after raising his rate by at least by £15 per day.

Comment

Surely the gentlemanly thing to do would be to claim the all-day parking rate as an expense, then charge VAT on it and trouser the 5.5% from the change in the flat rate.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Jeez. Some of you are a bit precious about parking. Suck it up mun.

Obviously, client is gonna let permies park there first arent they? Get a grip.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            I supposed the OP only agreed after raising his rate by at least by £15 per day.
            There was nothing to agree to and I doubt anyone has a clause in their contract that allows the use of the car park.

It doesn't actually affect me as I use public transport anyway but was highlighting it to others who may be considering taking a contract here.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Jeez. Some of you are a bit precious about parking. Suck it up mun.

Obviously, client is gonna let permies park there first arent they? Get a grip.
              It's always been 1st come, 1st served but I think permies have been complaining that the contractors are coming in early to fill up the car park

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                There was nothing to agree to and I doubt anyone has a clause in their contract that allows the use of the car park.

It doesn't actually affect me as I use public transport anyway but was highlighting it to others who may be considering taking a contract here.
                That car park was a nightmare when I worked there in the late 90's. had to be in by 7.30 to have a hope in hell of getting in and when they changed the rules on the wee road leading down to it, it got worse.

Having said that, hated RBS with a passion anyway, so parking was the least of it
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  That car park was a nightmare when I worked there in the late 90's. had to be in by 7.30 to have a hope in hell of getting in and when they changed the rules on the wee road leading down to it, it got worse.

Having said that, hated RBS with a passion anyway, so parking was the least of it
                  It's still the same old building site full of rubble sectioned off by railway sleepers.

Comment

if a plumber or electrician had to go to site to fix something where would they park?
                    Thats exactly where I would be parking... or in the visitors bay.

Comment

Originally posted by AMH View Post
                      if a plumber or electrician had to go to site to fix something where would they park?
                      Thats exactly where I would be parking... or in the visitors bay.
                      There are spaces for vendors. They will need to get security to let them through the barriers.

Comment

Working...
                      X