• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government to launch a study of the economic benefits of reintroducing imperial units

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government to launch a study of the economic benefits of reintroducing imperial units

Your tax money at work!
    #BrexitBenefits

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2021304.html

As if there isn't enough to keep our politicians occupied with right now!

Comment

‘Economic benefit’? So the tax payer pays for a study that ultimately is aimed a getting more money out of the people that pay for it?
      what’s wrong with metric? Nothing, everything is as clear as it should be.

It will come handy especially now with shrinkflation. This package used to contain 200g then it went to 150g now it has 3 ounces.
      How many grams is that? not a freeking clue.

Comment

And here we are
        BBC News - Imperial measurement review to mark Jubilee
        https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61621893

Comment

Vote of no confidence______ IMPERIAL MEASURES.

_____^___________________________ ^

Ignore this _________________Yay, file with the worst quality passport the UK has had in my liefetime. It'll keep the proles happy.

Rinse and repeat.
          Last edited by Uncle Albert; 7 June 2022, 18:17.
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

I’m just waiting for Mad Nads to hint that they’re thinking about bringing back shillings, sixpences and threepenny bits.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I hope they do bring it back because agents can be bent as a 9 bob note again.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The conclusion of the British Retail Consortium, whose biggest members are all the supermarkets, is that there are no benefits.

Lord Stuart Rose, who is a Conservative peer and chairman of Asda, called the plan "complete and utter nonsense".
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  I’m just waiting for Mad Nads to hint that they’re thinking about bringing back shillings, sixpences and threepenny bits.
                  No need to bring back threepenny bits now we use Bristols...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Consultation is here Choice on units of measurement: markings and sales - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X