• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU roaming charges return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You never tried to phone the UK from abroad on a land-line?!
    Ever made a call to the States or Australia back in the 70s? It would set you back a fortune. Would probably be more then £15 per minute in today's money

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Ever made a call to the States or Australia back in the 70s? It would set you back a fortune. Would probably be more then £15 per minute in today's money
      My point exactly (though I wasn't born then). Imagine if you had to pay extra to access websites hosted in foreign countries!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You never tried to phone the UK from abroad on a land-line?!
        That's what client sites are for!

A few years ago I remember working with a permie who ha da desk phone in her office in the UK, and a work mobile as well. These were in the days when calling a mobile from a landline was expensive. She used to set her desk phone to forward to her mobile, then when she was working away from home, the family would call her desk phone. Saved them a fortune.
        But then I also used to call my girlfriend from my mobile before roaming charges were scrapped. When I worked in Europe, my phone bill was around £500 per month.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Is there not a bit of quid pro quo here... if EU folk come here do they get free roaming?
          Free roaming abroad relies on foreign partners willing to do a deal, though it is a shame. Still, if you made your Brexit decision based on how much using 4G would cost abroad you're a fool.
          ...indeed or whether there would be empty shelves in the supermarkets at Christmas.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

...indeed or whether there would be empty shelves in the supermarkets at Christmas.
            There won't, except temporary blips. All those nice soldiers back from Kabul can run logistics for us!
            (actually I do seriously wonder if we will see the army tasked to help in the driver shortage, moving stuff around is something they are very good at)

Comment

There won't, except temporary blips. All those nice soldiers back from Kabul can run logistics for us!
              (actually I do seriously wonder if we will see the army tasked to help in the driver shortage, moving stuff around is something they are very good at)
              They are actually already calling in army reserve truck drivers. Only one problem these people are in daily life also truck drivers, so nett gain zero
              https://marketresearchtelecast.com/t...arkets/124684/

Comment

Did we once have a CUK member who had been an HGV driver?

Comment

Working...
                X