• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU roaming charges return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why are people bringing back all this vaccine nonsense? we don't know even if they work properly yet. or are effective enough to the all new variants.

In 1y things might change.

Returning to the subject:

Click image for larger version

Name:	387qbyj2zh771.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	4170156

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      why are people bringing back all this vaccine nonsense? we don't know even if they work properly yet. or are effective enough to the all new variants.

In 1y things might change.

Returning to the subject:

Click image for larger version

Name:	387qbyj2zh771.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	4170156
      ah well you must have learnt to read now, though the express isn't challenging.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

ah well you must have learnt to read now, though the express isn't challenging.
        brexitiers don't seem to change either. it is a world that keeps giving.

Comment

Genuine brexiteers couldn't care less about EU roaming charges because they'd never sully themselves by setting foot in an EU country.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            Genuine brexiteers couldn't care less about EU roaming charges because they'd never sully themselves by setting foot in an EU country.
            Why travel out of their own run down town when they have all they need in the local 'spoonies?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Why travel out of their own run down town when they have all they need in the local 'spoonies?
              Strange I only travelled to Europe for work when they didn't have people who could do what I did.

Comment

Strange I only travelled to Europe for work when they didn't have people who could do what I did.
                Understandable. All their fruit-pickers were over here.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

Understandable. All their fruit-pickers were over here.
                  lol I wonder why?

Everyone on the remain side seems to think these fruit pickers were doing us a favour for some reason.

Why did they come here? What was wrong with home/Germany/France etc. ?

We can now clearly see they were just used to drive wages down, it seems many remoaners are very proud of supporting abusing cheap labour.

Comment

lol I wonder why?

Everyone on the remain side seems to think these fruit pickers were doing us a favour for some reason.

Why did they come here? What was wrong with home/Germany/France etc. ?

We can now clearly see they were just used to drive wages down, it seems many remoaners are very proud of supporting abusing cheap labour.
                    They will do the exact thing with immigrants from other sides of the world or take back the EU ones but on shorter leash: visa application, NHS fees, harder to rent places.

The problem was not with people coming for work, it's part of the globalised society we live in, just the framework is only favouring the employer and people have limited ability to negotiation.

Nobody from here would want to go in fields and pickup fruit 10h per day and stand in rain and live in barracks. For which they are charged excessive rent.

From the conversations I have with my cousin(does low skill recruitment )and chat with different other people: East Europeans I think are most stand-up people, they don't buy the cheap narrative and whooshy words their employer might say. Because they deal with corrupt gov and people with misleading intentions every day.
                    They come for better pay but are as quick to leave the job.

There was one story about 4 guys, builders, having to drive 1.5h for the job. They didn't return to the site the next day. Do you think they will be able to do that again in the future? NO because their visa is tied up to the job.

I don't think that wages will go up that much. And the whole approach is only nibbling at the edges of the problem not addressing it. We are in for more pain to come.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

They will do the exact thing with immigrants from other sides of the world or take back the EU ones but on shorter leash: visa application, NHS fees, harder to rent places.

The problem was not with people coming for work, it's part of the globalised society we live in, just the framework is only favouring the employer and people have limited ability to negotiation.

Nobody from here would want to go in fields and pickup fruit 10h per day and stand in rain and live in barracks. For which they are charged excessive rent.

From the conversations I have with my cousin(does low skill recruitment )and chat with different other people: East Europeans I think are most stand-up people, they don't buy the cheap narrative and whooshy words their employer might say. Because they deal with corrupt gov and people with misleading intentions every day.
                      They come for better pay but are as quick to leave the job.

There was one story about 4 guys, builders, having to drive 1.5h for the job. They didn't return to the site the next day. Do you think they will be able to do that again in the future? NO because their visa is tied up to the job.

I don't think that wages will go up that much. And the whole approach is only nibbling at the edges of the problem not addressing it. We are in for more pain to come.
                      So you have just confirmed what I said, they were cheap labour abused directly & indirectly by employers.

Yes we might see them abused again but that is what people need to campaign against. if there are visa abuses we can control that.

Comment

Working...
                      X