• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Damn you would have thought the remainers might have said something

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

So you think everyone should simply earn double?

They tried that in the 1970's, it doesn't work.

It started with the miners who got a 30-40% pay rise probably even more. Then the factory workers got 30-40% wage rises, then the shop assistants etc etc. One year later inflation was at 30%.

It wouldn't surprise me though if they were to try again.
    Not quite sure if that was the reason for failure. Do you have a source for your figures?

How familiar are you with the 'plutonomy' term? CPI calculations etc?

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/plutonomy.asp
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ined-plutonomy

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

boomer mentality. Click image for larger version

Name:	a41.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	4167584
      oh nothing like a bit of overt racism!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

oh nothing like a bit of overt racism!
        pardon me for being out of touch with today's culture ... but calling someone a boomer is racist?

Comment

pardon me for being out of touch with today's culture ... but calling someone a boomer is racist?
          was talking more about mr sonher the anti semite, is he labour?

Comment

Not quite sure if that was the reason for failure. Do you have a source for your figures?

How familiar are you with the 'plutonomy' term? CPI calculations etc?

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/plutonomy.asp
            https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ined-plutonomy
            Average earnings have doubled over the past 20 years. Anyone who can't get by on his salary should take some lessons in Financial Planning. I personally don't have a problem
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 16 June 2021, 12:58.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Average earnings have doubled over the past 20 years. Anyone who can't get by on his salary should take some lessons in Financial Planing. I personally don't have a problem
              £20 an hour on offer.

Comment

Average earnings have doubled over the past 20 years. Anyone who can't get by on his salary should take some lessons in Financial Planning. I personally don't have a problem
                I have a cousin that does recruiting and two weeks ago he was looking for both cleaners and accountants at minimum wage.
                Haven't checked with him but probably hasn't filled any of those yet.

West London by the way.

Comment

I have a cousin that does recruiting and two weeks ago he was looking for both cleaners and accountants at minimum wage.
                  Haven't checked with him but probably hasn't filled any of those yet.

West London by the way.
                  I'm not surprised; if there is an accountant willing to work for minimum wage, he or she would have been snapped up by now...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

I'm not surprised; if there is an accountant willing to work for minimum wage, he or she would have been snapped up by now...
                    By 'accountant' he probably means book keeper or accounts clerk. Accountants don't work for minimum wage.

Or he's making it up
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

By 'accountant' he probably means book keeper or accounts clerk. Accountants don't work for minimum wage.

Or he's making it up
                      no, an actual accredited accountant, just checked it with him. they've actually found someone that is happy with 22k per year. if you throw in some overtime you'll go below min wage (which I am sure it is expected)

prerogative is strong with you old folks

Comment

Working...
                      X