• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muppet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muppet

https://londonlovesbusiness.com/spai...t-brexit-rules

Shaun Cromber voted Leave and is now heading back to the UK, said he did not believe Brexit would end his Spanish lifestyle.

He said, “Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this.

“My application has been rejected and we are on our way home, my wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK.

“I’ve loved living on the Costa del Sol and after five years can’t believe it has come to this.

“We applied but got rejected and so have no choice, although long term I think the Spanish will regret chucking us out of Spain.”

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    We applied but got rejected and so have no choice, although long term I think the Spanish will regret chucking us out of Spain.[/I]
    Seems likely, as the UK holds all the cards.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I wonder if a lot of those people being kicked out were just living there and never formally registered.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I wonder if a lot of those people being kicked out were just living there and never formally registered.
        That's exactly what they were doing as the rules then allowed it. Now they have to be formally registered, apply for residence etc. and meet all the 3rd country immigrant criteria, which many of them either can't or never thought they would have to do so never bothered.

Ironically now is probably a good time to be going the other way if you can meet the requirements. There's going to be a lot of cheap property for sale.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

That's exactly what they were doing as the rules then allowed it. Now they have to be formally registered, apply for residence etc. and meet all the 3rd country immigrant criteria, which many of them either can't or never thought they would have to do so never bothered.

Ironically now is probably a good time to be going the other way if you can meet the requirements. There's going to be a lot of cheap property for sale.
          Technically you don't didn't need to register, but you have to register for an NIE number (Número de Identificación de Extranjero) if you want to (legally) own property or a car in Spain, have a Spanish bank account or health insurance. Which they would have needed to prove they have been in the country for the last 5 years prior to the 31st December 2020 to be allowed to stay after 31st March which is why they are more than likely to have been rejected.

Our Ayuntamiento (town hall) have been going to great lengths to inform people what they need to, even going as far as admitting they know how to speak English which they have never done before! Although we are a small village in the arse end of nowhere we have to integrate with the local community. I'd bet anything Shaun and co are in Benidorm or similar, only speak to other English people who are equally uninformed, go to English pubs and shop at the English Corner Shop where they get their stock of PG tips and Heinz baked beans imported from back home
          Last edited by SimonMac; 29 March 2021, 08:50.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I think if anyone properly read the immigration laws of the country they wanted to live in, they would have discovered that freedom of movement didn't confer a right to live there on a permanent basis.

I know people who 20-odd years ago moved to Spain and refused to properly register locally because they didn't want to affect their benefits in the UK (NHS treatment, pension, etc). They came back to the UK well before Brexit was a thing due to ill health but, while they were there, they didn't bother learning the language any further than being able to order some dinner and do a bit of shopping. They took 11 month rental agreeements and then would move so as to avoid some residency requirements (I don't know the details). I suspect, if they were still there, they would be exactly the sort of person complaining now.

Comment

Have to agree

Comment

the Brexiteers mostly wanted rid of illegal immigrants.
                That's what they're getting.

Now they are coming over here to buy houses and be a drain on the NHS. And NOT EVEN WORK.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  the Brexiteers mostly wanted rid of illegal immigrants.
                  That's what they're getting.

Now they are coming over here to buy houses and be a drain on the NHS. And NOT EVEN WORK.
                  What?!?
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Our Ayuntamiento (town hall) have been going to great lengths to inform people what they need to, even going as far as admitting they know how to speak English which they have never done before!
                    From what I've read, you now need to prove that you can financially support yourself to be allowed to stay. Many brits living over there may have little more than the state pension, and I don't know if that would be enough to qualify.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                    X