• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The times they are a changing..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The times they are a changing..

EXCLUSIVE: Most Britons think Brexit WAS the right thing to do after EU vaccine shambles and a fifth think it has enabled UK to fight Covid more effectively
    • A survey by Redfield and Wilton found 42 per cent believe Leave was right call
    • It is the same 4 per cent margin that swung the referendum result five years ago
    • It came as reeling EU leaders appeared to target the UK with an export ban

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-shambles.html

Oh no they are not still 4% majority! Some even saw benefits.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Thank god for Covid , hey? (Just don't mention the death rate compared to EU countries )
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

A daily mail poll, so it must be correct

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        An Ipsos Mori poll, so it must be correct
        FTFY.

Comment

It's falling. It was 51.9% a few years ago.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            It's falling. It was 51.9% a few years ago.
            Nope that was a different question and if you do the math its 52.5% ignoring the dont knows.

What is it with these reamainers that they cant understand simple questions or maths?
            Last edited by vetran; 25 March 2021, 15:37.

Comment

Anyway, humour aside, if the abstainers are considered to be the equivalent of don't knows, then back in 2016, the result was that 37.5% thought it a good idea, and 34.7% thought it not. So perhaps the poll indicates that the against has really changed, but now more don't knows think it was a good idea.

It would be interested to see how the figures evolved from when campaigning began to now.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

fifth think it has enabled UK to fight Covid more effectively
                Whilst I would agree our vaccine roll out has gone well, and the EU's is a shambles in comparison, I wouldn't go anywhere near trying to claim the UK has fought Covid effectively. And anyone who does is either lying, or a fool.

As for the poll, all it really shows is that the UK is as divided now as it was in 2016. Very few, if any, remainers have changed their minds due to the shambles surrounding brexit and let's face it, brexiters will never change their mind because of their inherent bias.

HTH
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Whilst I would agree our vaccine roll out has gone well, and the EU's is a shambles in comparison, I wouldn't go anywhere near trying to claim the UK has fought Covid effectively. And anyone who does is either lying, or a fool.

As for the poll, all it really shows is that the UK is as divided now as it was in 2016. Very few, if any, remainers have changed their minds due to the shambles surrounding brexit and let's face it, brexiters will never change their mind because of their inherent bias.

HTH
                  Nope for some reason the UK made a complete horlicks of Covid we transferred the vulnerable between the hospital and care homes until we were sure we had infected everyone. We failed to lock down early but strangely we didn't have a health service overload like Italy and Greece etc.

Remainers Their decision to want to remain in a crumbling EU is because of the mess caused by Brexit? OK as you wish.

Brexiters have followed their decision to leave and others have joined them because brexit has been made more difficult by the EU.

Both have their reasons for decisions Brexiteers try to avoid calling you quislings and Lord Haw Haws yet you love to call us racists and xenophobes.

Just because you don't agree with our reasons doesn't mean we are biased.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Nope for some reason the UK made a complete horlicks of Covid we transferred the vulnerable between the hospital and care homes until we were sure we had infected everyone. We failed to lock down early but strangely we didn't have a health service overload like Italy and Greece etc.

Remainers Their decision to want to remain in a crumbling EU is because of the mess caused by Brexit? OK as you wish.

Brexiters have followed their decision to leave and others have joined them because brexit has been made more difficult by the EU.

Both have their reasons for decisions Brexiteers try to avoid calling you quislings and Lord Haw Haws yet you love to call us racists and xenophobes.

Just because you don't agree with our reasons doesn't mean we are biased.

HTH BIDI
                    But have others joined you? Excluding the don't knows, the difference is still 4% based on what you posted, which suggests the Uk is as divided now as it was in 2016.

Only you brexiters are seeing the EU crumbling, and that's just your wishful thinking. I agree they have made an absolute balls-up of the vaccine contracts and roll out, but despite this they still, as we debate, still have a less worse covid death rate compared to the UK. So, if you're only basing the EU 'crumbling' based on Covid, then the UK is worse off

Call me Lord Haw Haw if you like, it means nothing to no one. However, everyone can spot and understand what a racist and a xenophobe is
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X