• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All hail brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All hail brexit

Again we were out of Bread etc. I went to some supermarkets and past a few greengrocers. Shockingly I didn't have to queue for a single turnip. Lots of fresh fruit & veg.

Am I imagining things?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

So normal shopping for you is a Brexit success and the supermarket bosses are lying when they say there are difficulties importing food.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I suppose hail is better than rains of fire.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I suppose hail is better than rains of fire.
        Clear blue skies here today ..... Brexit is a success*

* if you don't have to import or export goods. Or live in NI.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

So someone went for a loaf of bread although they didn't manage to point out whether they managed to buy one but deflected by talking about fruit and veg, Trumpian analogy at it's best...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

over a month into Brexit the supermarket shelves were full or being refilled.

I got everything I needed.

Just pointing out that despite the dire predictions about brexit we aren't queueing for Turnips yet.

Comment

Has anyone ever queued for turnips? Turnips are harvested between June and October and can be kept for 3-5 months which means shortages will start about February to March so get yours in now if you're that concerned about them

One of the reasons that there aren't any real shortages and less trucks going through ports at the moment, and this is well represented in media reports, is due to companies stockpiling at the end of last year due to both Covid and Brexit. Lets just see what happens when warehouses start to empty

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Brexit: Firms stockpiling over Brexit border '''anxiety''' - BBC News

Brexit stockpiling gave UK manufacturers boost in November | Manufacturing sector | The Guardian
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Has anyone ever queued for turnips? Turnips are harvested between June and October and can be kept for 3-5 months which means shortages will start about February to March so get yours in now if you're that concerned about them

One of the reasons that there aren't any real shortages and less trucks going through ports at the moment, and this is well represented in media reports, is due to companies stockpiling at the end of last year due to both Covid and Brexit. Lets just see what happens when warehouses start to empty

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Brexit: Firms stockpiling over Brexit border '''anxiety''' - BBC News

Brexit stockpiling gave UK manufacturers boost in November | Manufacturing sector | The Guardian

Ah like financial Armageddon immediately following the Brexit vote, its now coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  over a month into Brexit the supermarket shelves were full or being refilled.

I got everything I needed.

Just pointing out that despite the dire predictions about brexit we aren't queueing for Turnips yet.
                  The prediction after the breit vote was not so much that supermarket shelves would be empty, but that prices will be going up, which is already the case. The bad deal Gove negotiated however can easily result in the shelves not being stocked, which is also happening especially in NI.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Lets just see what happens when warehouses start to empty
                    At that point they will start to fill up again.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X