• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All hail brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    The bad deal Gove negotiated however can easily result in the shelves not being stocked, which is also happening especially in NI.
    You mean it is only happening in the small part of the UK that is still most umbilically attached to the EU?

Tsk tsk!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      You mean it is only happening in the small part of the UK that is still most umbilically attached to the EU?
      Not for long now, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Tsk tsk!

It happened again, went to the supermarket for medicine. lo & behold it had Fruit & Veg throughout boxes & boxes of it.

I must be fantasising! pinch me!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That's because the UK hasn't yet imposed any import controls, but they will in July.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            That's because the UK hasn't yet imposed any import controls, but they will in July.
            But but but we were supposed to be a hollowed out shell by now?

Is it like the financial Armageddon that still hasn't happened?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

But, but, but, it was such a great deal by Boris and is a month old:

Michael Gove has called for a 'reset' and 'refinement' of the Brexit deal which only came into force at the start of the year....
              Gove acknowledged the protocol was “not working at the moment” with the result being “disruptions and difficulties faced by Northern Ireland citizens in their daily lives”.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

If your posts were not so pathetic they'd be funny. Businesses are being forced to close, people are losing their jobs, companies fixed costs are increasing, exporters are losing valuable stock, but you're ok because you can buy a loaf.

You brexiters really don't care about anyone but yourselves do you? Even when your fellow brexiters (fishing industry) is being decimated due to this you still don't care.

Such a lack of compassion. Very sad to see, but not that surprising.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

It happened again, went to the supermarket for medicine. lo & behold it had Fruit & Veg throughout boxes & boxes of it.

I must be fantasising! pinch me!
                  Having a quick look at display stock does not give a true picture. What has happened is that the range of goods and range of food and fruit and veg has decreased. From my own experience my favourite German sausages, Greek cheese, French cheese, beef tomatoes are in very short supply. Bananas are in short supply and many are in poor condition due to delays.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Exports are down by 68% which basically means death to loads of companies. Now I know Brexit Brainiacs don't export anything so it doesn't affect them directly, but it will have huge impact on the economy. If you can't grasp how this is bad, then there's no hope for you.

Now perhaps this would be somehow acceptable if Brexit brought any big positives with it, but so far no one is capable of listing anything substantial.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

Now perhaps this would be somehow acceptable if Brexit brought any big positives with it, but so far no one is capable of listing anything substantial.
                      This. George Eustice this morning:

GE: Well, we’ve gained control in that we’ve gained control of our own laws, but of course ...

JW: Hang on a sec, we’ve gained control, yeah, we’ve gained control of our own shellfish, but what good has that done to shellfish exporters?

GE: Well, we’ve gained control of our own laws, and of course we set the terms of access to our market and the EU sets the terms of access to its market. That’s not unusual; that is what happens with all independent countries. We do set our own laws now. And the point is there’s nothing in EU law at the moment to prevent this trade taking place.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X