• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All hail brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    You put forward a figure presented a group with an ulterior motive. A figure that is obviously inflated. I asked you to defend it, you haven't been able to, you just insulted me which is normal for most remainers. If we farmed them we could grow lovely roses.

The rules are now the same as most other countries which people like M&S have years of experience exporting to, yet their exports are being delayed and turned away. do you wonder why?
    Why not do a quick read on why M&S, like most UK export businesses, are having goods turned away, delayed or with significant extra costs?

It's because of brexit. Let me say that one more time in case you missed it.

It's because of brexit.

The EU has always had these rules on imports. The UK should have known this as we were inside the EU and helped to implement these rules.

But, we decided to sign a trade deal that forced extra red tape and costs onto UK companies, just to appease brexidiots who lack understanding of even simple trade concepts. Even companies/industries that were behind brexit are caught out - well, the Tories did lie to them but hey, that's Ok isn't it so long as we get blue passports.

You was duped mate. Wake up and smell the roses that are thriving in the pile of manure the Tories laid down
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

No you weren't, you were talking about the benefits of Brexit and it was wrong as usual
      Are you saying the EU will block their agreement in principle?

Has anyone in the EU attempted to?

I was talking about the EU deal first then you deflected with the UK one. Do keep up.

Basically you are confused.
      Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        No you weren't, you were talking about the benefits of Brexit and it was wrong as usual

How was I wrong? I said the EU has an agreement with China which is light on human rights. We don't.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Where?

We have already seen 2 massive benefits of Brexit - Vaccines & not signing a trade agreement with China without any human rights clauses. Not bad for a month!
          How was I wrong? I said the EU has an agreement with China which is light on human rights. We don't.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Looks like Indian IT consultancies will be given greater access to the UK as part of a new deal, which wouldn't have been possible before Brexit.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

It happened again, went to the supermarket for medicine. lo & behold it had Fruit & Veg throughout boxes & boxes of it.

I must be fantasising! pinch me!
              Last two visits to Tesco, hardly any choice of fruits, only grapes which were spread over loads of shelves to make it look they had plenty

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Last two visits to Tesco, hardly any choice of fruits, only grapes which were spread over loads of shelves to make it look they had plenty
                  where are you Brussels?

plenty of choice round here.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I haven't been to a supermarket in ages.

I was a bit narked that Waitrose didn't deliver any kale or parsnips yesterday.

Comment

The import controls get slapped on in July. Then we'll see whether the fresh veg survives the onslaught of paperwork. Meanwhile the City is shrinking fast since all the trading moved to Amsterdam.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X