• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get Brexit Dun....uurrghhh...geddit Dun...why's it not Dun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Brexit Dun....uurrghhh...geddit Dun...why's it not Dun

As an ardent remainer to one of the biggest trading blocks in the world I have now decided to become a Brexiter.

I get the prose and cons of being in the words biggest trading organisation, however I have now decided to become a Brexiter. I mostly talk in simple slogans nowaday.

"Geddit Done"

"Unleash our potential"

However could some one explain the benefits of leaving, serious questions what should i expect in say the first year, what are the best and worst case scenarios. Are the current incumbents best placed to deliver Brexit. Can i put a deposit down on a new house.

Can a brexit supporter give a single, intelligent well thought out constructive answer.

Over to you Brexit man/woman this is your time to shine.

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
    As an ardent remainer to one of the biggest trading blocks in the world I have now decided to become a Brexiter.

I get the prose and cons of being in the words biggest trading organisation, however I have now decided to become a Brexiter. I mostly talk in simple slogans nowaday.

"Geddit Done"

"Unleash our potential"

However could some one explain the benefits of leaving, serious questions what should i expect in say the first year, what are the best and worst case scenarios. Are the current incumbents best placed to deliver Brexit. Can i put a deposit down on a new house.

Can a brexit supporter give a single, intelligent well thought out constructive answer.

Over to you Brexit man/woman this is your time to shine.

Hello calling Brexit folk hello

Comment

This was done to death previously.

Brexit is like Jesus. There is no proof. There are no facts. You don't put forward arguments. You don't give GPS coordinates for Heaven or discuss what sort of football, prosecco etc is available there. It is a simple matter of faith.

Over a long period and thousands of questions, no Brexiteer ever put forward a single, solitary concrete benefit of Brexit.

For the population at large, over time the realisation set in that all the things promised were lies or disingenuous so the percentage of people preferring not to leave increased. However a big chunk of people continued to support Brexit because they wanted to escape from the political purgatory. Why changing back to Remain didn't occur to them I can't help you with.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
        There are no facts. You don't put forward arguments. You don't... discuss what sort of football, prosecco etc is available there. It is a simple matter of faith.
        So Brexit isn't like Jesus then. Rather Brexit is like your interpretation of Jesus. Jolly Good.

Anyway, I think we should give the Brexiters a clear playing field to answer the OPs question, without being diverted by any Remainers needing to explain their point of view. Again.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

**** me you lot still crying about Brexit. Adpapt, move, do what you must, but shut the **** up the whining FFS.

HTH BIDI

Comment

So to summarise once the UK gets over the pandemic, trade will basically cease over the channel, as a diversionary tactic there will be a trade spat with China and Biden will scupper the trade deal with the US.

Sure, nothing to worry about. I'm impressed with the optimism, respect
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
              ...I have now decided to become a Brexiter.
              You can't decide to become a Brexiter. That's like saying you've decided to dislike your girlfriend.

If you genuinely disliked her enough, then leaving would be the only thing that mattered. You wouldn't be weighing up pros and cons, benefits of staying vs leaving etc.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Oh no. This won't go away.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                move, do what you must, but shut the **** up reminding us Brexit cretins what an utterly stupid, pointless thing we did.
                FTFY
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Well. he can't say he didn't have his chance to explain.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Surely it's too late to be a remainer? Its relevance has gone.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X