• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blue Passports are finally here! Huzzah!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    No, no, he's very intelligent, very successful and very rich. I think he may have mentioned this
    I wouldn't say rich, affluent maybe, but not rich. Having the option to retire at 50, and be worth 7 figures is nice but hardly makes me rich. If I reach 8 figures, then you can call me rich

And the blue passports .... they're black
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      You sound like you've been in the pub already. All day, in fact...

Nope, not been near a ‘Spoons.
      Again, your response shows Brexiteer logic is full on for you. Ignore the facts, claim anyone who presents basic facts to you has been drinking.

Shame on you.

Why do you hate Britain so much that you don’t want to support local businesses?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Nope, not been near a ‘Spoons.
        Again, your response shows Brexiteer logic is full on for you. Ignore the facts, claim anyone who presents basic facts to you has been drinking.

Shame on you.

Why do you hate Britain so much that you don’t want to support local businesses?
        Ah yes, better buy an Asian-made Dyson than a British made Henry, because the Dyson has a more powerful motor, even though it’s a worse vacuum cleaner.
        WTF has that got to do with anything? I never even mentioned Dyson - as it happens we have a Bosch vacuum. We had a (very expensive) Dyson many years ago, and it ended its days being held together with gaffer tape, so I don't care how British it is, I'm not getting another one.
        Brexit doesn't mean I'm never buying an imported appliance or gadget (hardly anything is made in Britain any more, so we don't have much of a choice). It's a purely political choice (for me anyway).
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

EU news: Brussels rules have exposed UK's flood defences | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Although

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...sion-1.2485660

Seems to be more about silt disposal but still has an impact....

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Yep if your company sells into the EU. If it doesn't then you don't need to do that. It's the same when selling to any other country.

I imagine the UK could also if it wanted to implement policies and regulations that could encourage our farmers and not EU regs/laws aimed at French farmers. Guess that applies to fishing also. It's like you don't have to implement a ton of regulation that aims to cover a whole bunch of countries.
            If you sell only to the UK, probably at least one of your customers will be incorporating whatever it is in a product that is sold to the EU. This means EU laws will continue to apply. Only in theory will British laws be truly British, most of them will conform to EU regulations to make everyone's life easier.

We live in a global world, and most of our globe is the EU.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              EU regulations on dredging did not cause recent flooding - Full Fact

for most areas where flooding has occurred, dredging would not be effective, as the floods come from fast-flowing rivers where sediment build-up is less of an issue.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's going to be very difficult to find an EU regulation or law that is actually detrimental. Most of it is simply common sense and allows an awful lot of leeway in the way it can be applied.

The best way to argue against the EU is to keep it general, and use terms like "bad regulations" and "Brussels interference". If you try and pick a specific regulation the whole argument falls apart.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  WTF has that got to do with anything?
                  You don’t like facts so you accuse me of being in a pub all day.

Face it, you are rude and hate logic/facts.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Where did you post a fact about vacuums? Looked like a subjective opinion... but here is an article for you to look at;

The best vacuum cleaners 2020: 10 best vacuums from Dyson to Shark | TechRadar

PS. Had you been to any pub, on the day he enquired about? Lol
                    Originally posted by Old Greg
                    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Where did facts come into it? You posted some gibberish about buying British vacuum cleaners. And as for your 'Brexiteers hate British business' comment, well, we'll just leave that one in the bin, shall we?
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X