• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blue Passports are finally here! Huzzah!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Passports are finally here! Huzzah!

Sort of, if you think Blue and Black are the same thing.

Is the new passport really blue or black? - BBC News

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Looks quite smart.

Comment

Trolling has started on twitter...

Wow this passport's fancy. Must have some kickass features. How many countries do you have the right to work in on this bad boy?"
      "1"
      "Huh. Still, blue though... Pretty ******* snazzy."
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The passport to the Dark side. Can't wait until Scotland gets its own passport.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Trolling has started on twitter...
          Wow! Those twitter users (twats?) really know how to get the laughs!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            The passport to the Dark side. Can't wait until Scotland gets its own passport.
            You probably won't be surprised to hear that you're not alone with that. We have a ready-made wall (with a few repairs needed) so no need for any elaborate transition. We'll worry about Berwick later.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I remember my pre-1988 passport. I'm pretty sure it was black.

(I'm not racist. Even my passport is black.)
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I did have an old passport knocking about. I wonder what I've done with it. Might in my box of tat languishing in Nan's garage

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

It doesn't matter if it's pink with yellow spots (in honour of our greatest cultural icon, Mr Blobby) as long as it's missing the two particularly contentious words, Union and European.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Great stuff and even little things like this are a good sign we are moving away from the EU.

I've never really worked in another country for an extended time so I'm sorry some people might have to jump through a couple of hoops.

On the other hand it's nice to be living in a sovereign country that doesn't have to implement laws and regulations made in the EU. So, probably worth it.

Comment

Working...
                    X