• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it time for a military coup?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Just keen on democracy.
    Yes, but what type do you want?

https://www.scienceabc.com/social-sc...iamentary.html
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Parliamentary Democracy.

And I think referendums are bad. However, as one was held, the result should be enacted.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Parliamentary Democracy.

And I think referendums are bad. However, as one was held, the result should be enacted.
        It should. The sitting government, with a small majority, negotiated an agreement to leave the EU. This should have been voted through by the sitting government. They failed to do this. It is therefore the Tory government who have directly failed to follow the will of the people and to take us out of the EU
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          It shows you how sad this brexit forum has got when an absurd joke is taken seriously.

You people that frequent this forum really need to get a grip.

Anyway who is up for storming parliament?

Since some have said they would don khakis and pick up guns if they didn’t get what they wanted, the country is a joke at the minute.

You’d probably find support for calling up the B Specials and getting them to sort out the Irish Border.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It shows you how sad this brexit forum has got when an absurd joke is taken seriously.

You people that frequent this forum really need to get a grip.

Anyway who is up for storming parliament?
            well, given the article I linked to, it isn't quite such an absurd joke. However, I agree generally with what you say.

Comment

The government has run down the military so a coup is not possible.

Maybe Harry should have a word with his gran and the royals have another go at winning a civil war. The government would be a pushover comparable to Cromwell. Harry can use Meghan, Kate and Wills and the new social media army to take control. The younger generation must surely have had enough of the cronies that don't care about what they are doing to their future. Time for the uprising.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                It should. The sitting government, with a small majority, negotiated an agreement to leave the EU. This should have been voted through by the sitting government. They failed to do this. It is therefore the Tory government who have directly failed to follow the will of the people and to take us out of the EU
                Not sure why you added the smiley at the end. I think thats a very accurate summary. I can whine about the EU offering extensions. But at the end of the day the Tory party is big enough and bad enough(at least in jam exports) to sort themselves out.

What a mess!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  The government has run down the military so a coup is not possible.

Maybe Harry should have a word with his gran and the royals have another go at winning a civil war. The government would be a pushover comparable to Cromwell. Harry can use Meghan, Kate and Wills and the new social media army to take control. The younger generation must surely have had enough of the cronies that don't care about what they are doing to their future. Time for the uprising.
                  All they need to do is take control of the mobile phone masts and they have control of the country.....

Comment

It's clear that Democracy and Parliament are not fit for purpose.

Time to return to absolute Monarchy

Comment

I like many others think it's time for the UK military to take control. If you are with me, PM and I will add your name to the "safe" list.
                      I'm with you comrade.
                      We have the cannon fodder ready and willing right on this forum.
                      Step forward Corporal Spud (it's a battlefield promotion) and Sargeant Churchy.
                      I'll be the brainy brigadier directing business from my Belgian battlefield bunker while sipping bourbon.
                      Tenshun!
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X