• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it time for a military coup?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm with you comrade.
    We have the cannon fodder ready and willing right on this forum.
    Step forward Corporal Spud (it's a battlefield promotion) and Sargeant Churchy.
    I'll be the brainy brigadier directing business from my Belgian battlefield bunker while sipping bourbon.
    Tenshun!
    Better than a complete coward like yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Not just banning Brexiters now. Are the mods losing their touch? Maybe a military coup is needed to take over CUK.
      I think the local girl scouts could take over CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        So are you genuinely telling me you think the actions of those MP's who are refusing to honor a democratic vote are a good example of what a politician should be?

Especially when the only motivation for doing it is personal financial gain?
        You still haven't got your head round British representative Parliamentary democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          You still haven't got your head round British representative Parliamentary democracy.
          Clearly...

Maybe this helps:

Politics of the United Kingdom
          "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
            Clearly...

Maybe this helps:

Politics of the United Kingdom
            Trustee model of representation - Wikipedia

Comment

Not sure why you added the smiley at the end. I think thats a very accurate summary. I can whine about the EU offering extensions. But at the end of the day the Tory party is big enough and bad enough(at least in jam exports) to sort themselves out.

What a mess!
              The smiley is me having to have a laugh at how stupid many brexit voters are not to notice this. They still fall for the Tory lies and can't see the truth in front of them. It's so ironic that those Tories that voted for May's deal (and hence to leave the EU) are being blamed, yet the Tories who kept us in the EU and wouldn't vote for May's deal (JRM and ERG cronies) are lauded as heros.

Can't make it up!
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

All they see is the EU gravy train leaving the station and they are desperate to get on it - not for the good of the people - whether they be leave or remain - but purely for themselves and their own personal financial enhancement.
                FFS. You really are dim. We've covered this before. Very few MPs become MEPs so why do you think the MPs are looking to jump on the EU gravy train? The people making money out of the chaos are the likes of Moggy and his pals. Try being angry with them instead

Comment

So are you genuinely telling me you think the actions of those MP's who are refusing to honor a democratic vote are a good example of what a politician should be?

Especially when the only motivation for doing it is personal financial gain?
                  You are correct ... MPs like Moggy are not fit for purpose. Why don't you send him a pigeon?

Comment

Better than a complete coward like yourself.
                    My advisors have told me that you do sterling work in the NAAFI canteen.
                    I think you deserve a promotion.
                    Step forward, Private 3rd class!
                    Tenshun!
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      FTFY
                      From a nice, safe distance. You're happily ensconced in a place which will never be run by the EU, so please don't lecture those who don't have the luxury of being able to move to Switzerland (I wouldn't anyway, if I wanted life to be that dull, I'd just shoot myself to save time) who want to leave that shower.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X