• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration White Paper: Post-Brexit migration plans unveiled

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    The larger (FTSE100) companies I work for neither know nor care what the low paid staff actually get. They sign the contract with Accenture, TCS, IBM, Wipro, etc to get a job done, for better or for worse.

The only benefit that they measure in terms of resourcing is whether the project is delivered on time for the budget provided.

Which is nice for experienced contractors as we come in and hoover up the mistakes, but it’s not going to stop the bodyshops.

Which is why I am contending that if it is difficult now against those outfits, it will be even more so in the future if “IT” is designated as an open-visa skill and the floodgates are opened.
    Funny that, my personal anecdotal evidence from working for some of the larger ftse 100 clients is that, they use a mixture of permy and contractor workers...fancy that, horses for courses

I agree about hoovering up the mistakes though, bring on the mistakes
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I am investing into this country 7 digit amount every year.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        The thing is the rates will become what the markets can take.

Most businesses will quickly realise (as many already do) that sometimes getting in low paid staff does not always generate the expected benefits.

And so they will pay more to get the right combination of skill and qualities they want - and that has not changed for contractors for years and is the reason for the need to keep your skill set up to date.

As a business you simply need to see it as another threat and find a way to counter it.
        Don't fancy your chances in the brave new world
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          Funny that, my personal anecdotal evidence from working for some of the larger ftse 100 clients is that, they use a mixture of permy and contractor workers...fancy that, horses for courses

I agree about hoovering up the mistakes though, bring on the mistakes
          Oy beanie, have you not seen the time? It's past 5 o'clock. What are you still doing on CUK? A bit of overtime you racking up there

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Oy beanie, have you not seen the time? It's past 5 o'clock. What are you still doing on CUK? A bit of overtime you racking up there
            Thanks for that substantial intellectual contribution to the thread

Ps. The usual muppet(s) claim it’s 17:30, do try and keep up if you’re going to join in
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Thanks for that substantial intellectual contribution to the thread

Ps. The usual muppet(s) claim it’s 17:30, do try and keep up if you’re going to join in
              It was the best i could offer due to the shock of seeing you online past your bedtime

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                It was the best i could offer due to the shock of seeing you online past your bedtime
                I think you'll find it's actually just a quiet period in the call center...Haven't you noticed that he only comes on at certain times, shift work you see
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
                  Every contract that I see advertised in my SAP market usually states ASAP,
                  Yeah, well, that's the methodology isn't it.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Seriously though, are you trying to say you hire the cheapest (without the skills), then train them up?
                    We tend to hire the best Aston CS graduates, usually those who had (paid) internship program with us for a year - we successfully compete against very large companies in that.

Our training program got Princess Royal Award in 2018: 2018 Recipients | Princess Royal Training Awards

Comment

While on the subject of employment - agencies should be banned from charging more than admin amount for placing people, total parasites that make good people avoid seeing direct employment

Comment

Working...
                      X