• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE webinar: What does a post IR35 reform CV look like? : Wed, Jul 28, 2021 7:15 PM - 8:15 PM BST More details here.

Remainers pushing for second referendum think Brexiteers are 'thick' and 'prejudiced

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Remainers pushing for second referendum think Brexiteers are 'thick' and 'prejudiced

    Toad Gove says ...

    "People knew they were voting to leave the EU and we should honour that verdict."

    Remainers pushing for second referendum think Brexiteers are 'thick' and 'prejudiced', says Michael Gove

    #2
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Toad Gove says ...

    "People knew they were voting to leave the EU and we should honour that verdict."

    Remainers pushing for second referendum think Brexiteers are 'thick' and 'prejudiced', says Michael Gove
    I don't know about them being prejudiced but certainly the Brexiters on here appear to be gurning imbeciles.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I don't know about them being prejudiced but certainly the Brexiters on here appear to be gurning imbeciles.

      this may solve your problem


      Quote by Raylan Givens Justified: “If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ...”

      “If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.”
      "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

      I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

      Comment


        #4
        Thankfully I've only had one conversation IRL with a Brexiteer about Brexit. He seemed very angry about gay marriage, Turkey joining the EU and immigrants pricing his half Spanish kids out of the housing market. This was why he voted Brexiteer.

        Comment


          #5
          If May's deal gets voted down (and she won't call a GE) then she has to go to the people and ask them if they agree with the deal, or if they would rather remain in the EU.

          The first ref voted to leave the EU with a deal. This is the deal. 'No deal' was not an option offered by leave campaigners. If the people don't like the deal they can vote to remain. If the people still want to leave the EU they can vote for this deal.

          This is so simple even Brexiters can understand this, surely?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

          Comment


            #6
            Only ref on “deal” can give mandate

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              If May's deal gets voted down (and she won't call a GE) then she has to go to the people and ask them if they agree with the deal, or if they would rather remain in the EU.

              The first ref voted to leave the EU with a deal. This is the deal. 'No deal' was not an option offered by leave campaigners. If the people don't like the deal they can vote to remain. If the people still want to leave the EU they can vote for this deal.

              This is so simple even Brexiters can understand this, surely?
              I have no doubts that the legal-beagles and the Whitehall civil servants are working overtime on planning a referendum for the 28th February 2019.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

              Comment


                #8
                I prefer "If you smell tulip everywhere, check your shoes". Pithier.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Whorty View Post

                  The first ref voted to leave the EU
                  ftfy

                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    ftfy

                    It did indeed, but not by which mechanism. Both Norway and Canada were often put up as examples by leave as deals we would look to base our deal on. There was never a mention on no deal; this is a more recent idea put forward by JRM and his cronies at ERG.

                    People, therefore, never voted for no deal. They voted for this government to negotiate a deal. They have now done this. If the people do t like this deal they should have a choice to reject it, and thus also reject brexit.

                    You can't have it all ways dear boy. You wanted a brexit deal, you have a brexit deal. Suck it up, or vote to remain in the EU (assuming MPs reject the deal first on your behalf)

                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X