• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where are all the winners today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Deliver a deal so bad no one in their right mind will vote for it...Or am I giving her more credit than she deserves.
    You're giving her more credit that she deserves. From the morning of the results, I've maintained that it is not possible for Britain to negotiate a deal that's better than staying in the EU.

If you consider that the EU is likely to go very bad over the next few years, or you are ideologically opposed to the EU, then a hard brexit would be necessary - it's the price that has to be paid.

But the idea that somehow we'd end up better off in anything other than the very long term was stupid from the outset. We'll be better off with May's deal than with no deal. But not as well off as if we'd never left in the first place.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Come on Brexiters, you won. Come and let us know how you feel today. As a remainer who lost the vote I actually feel quite dapper, so you guys must be totally elated.
      The "winners" are back in Brussels, have a good laugh at our expense.
      Everyone else just got shafted, in one way or another.

HTH
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        The "winners" are back in Brussels, have a good laugh at our expense.
        Everyone else just got shafted, in one way or another.

HTH
        Well maybe if we hadn't voted out, we wouldn't be losing. You was told you couldn't win a better deal out than we had whilst in the EU. We either leave and accept we'll be worse off, or stay in. There is no other choice.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Well maybe if we hadn't voted out, we wouldn't be losing. You was told you couldn't win a better deal out than we had whilst in the EU. We either leave and accept we'll be worse off, or stay in. There is no other choice.
          I wasn't after a (necessarily) better deal, just a deal which meant we were actually out. And by the looks of things, we haven't even got that. The real winners are the EU, who get to look more smug than usual, knowing that if they can screw the Brits over, they can do the same to the others in their sleep.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            I wasn't after a (necessarily) better deal, just a deal which meant we were actually out. And by the looks of things, we haven't even got that. The real winners are the EU, who get to look more smug than usual, knowing that if they can screw the Brits over, they can do the same to the others in their sleep.
            Another weird post, you seem to think that the EU is some kind of fictional organisation like SPECTRE or similar whereas it is fact a union of 27+1 countries of which the UK, which includes all it's citizens, is also currently a member. Does this mean that you're also a winner in that you managed to screw yourself over?

I'm pretty sure that Leavers think the EU is run by some mysterious cabal of a mixture people like Goldfinger, Dr. Evil and so on which possibly explains their fantastical imagination re. the EU
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Sums up Brexiters:

(wankt translated in this sense means stumble)
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                I'm pretty sure that Leavers think ..
                No, sorry - you lost me there
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X