• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parliamentary sovereignty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    However it does leave us as a rule taker until 2030, and that includes any new rules and regs the EU dreams up.
    We did tell you this would be the case, and you chose to ignore us. Oh well, we are where we are
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Blair has now said the deal won’t work.

To me, that’s like an endorsement, it’s going to work!

JRM, BoJo, Blair and Farage all in agreement? That must challenge the faith of Wailers
      Blair? The one who didn't even give us the chance to tell him to sod off via the ballot box? If he even mentions the word "democracy" I'll make sure he chokes on my puke.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Sorry EU-based chaps, it looks like you’ll be restricted to working permits in a country rather than freedom across borders.
        Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Which is how it should have been in the first place.
        When I was working in NL it took six to nine months to get a work permit for non-EU citizens. So if there are IT vacancies in Europe and Brits need a work permit, obviously the EU client will not choose Brits.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Why?

It seems a bit shortsighted to me. Our contracting colleagues are economic units, earning income, paying taxes, spending money in local economies.

Add on top of that the jobbing musicians travelling Europe, the working-in-a-bar backpacker, etc. All you’ve done is restricted opportunities for Brits.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth
            And we go live to BB post March 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              When I was working in NL it took six to nine months to get a work permit for non-EU citizens. So if there are IT vacancies in Europe and Brits need a work permit, obviously the EU client will not choose Brits.
              Originally posted by meridian View Post
              Why?

It seems a bit shortsighted to me. Our contracting colleagues are economic units, earning income, paying taxes, spending money in local economies.

Add on top of that the jobbing musicians travelling Europe, the working-in-a-bar backpacker, etc. All you’ve done is restricted opportunities for Brits.
              What you have to remember is that mordac and the rest are part of the group that will just say "I had no intention of working in Europe so it means nothing to me this freedom of movement" which is fine but it shows a selfishness in themselves in that they've now stopped others and future generations from doing this. It pretty much shows what a lot of Brexit was about, selfishness and not giving a damn about others
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Just listened to Sammy Wilson, a DUP spokesman, who has not yet seen the agreement, but has said that it is the equivalent of an IRA punishment beating.
                ...not at all inflammatory...
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Blair? The one who didn't even give us the chance to tell him to sod off via the ballot box?
                  He did, in 2001 and in 2005. We didn't.
                  Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    NL only wants people who 'speak fluent dutch' since 2008, unlike the rest of the EU <apart from belgium, who want dutch, french and english, pay peanuts, and take 60% in tax and SI contrributions>

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                      He did, in 2001 and in 2005. We didn't.
                      No point interrupting a gammon's apoplexy.

Comment

Working...
                      X