• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: Theresa May urged to set her departure date by ministers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear: Theresa May urged to set her departure date by ministers

Theresa May is under pressure to set out a timetable for her departure after Cabinet ministers said it was now a question of “when, not if” she stands down as Prime Minister.

The Telegraph has been told discussions have begun about when Mrs May should be ousted if she refuses to leave Number 10 before the next general election.

Several Cabinet ministers want her to go immediately after Brexit day in March next year, but others are prepared to give her until 2020 if she uses the next Conservative Party Conference to announce her departure date.

Theresa May urged to set her departure date by ministers as they say she cannot fight next election

It's treason then

Who's going to replace her? BoJo will keep stirring the pot, but doesn't want the job yet. JRM, likewise. Does that mean it's going to be Javid?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Who's going to replace her? BoJo will keep stirring the pot, but doesn't want the job yet. JRM, likewise. Does that mean it's going to be Javid?
      I believe Jeremy quite fancies the job of PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        I believe Jeremy quite fancies the job of PM.

Hunt?

Comment

Hunt?
          Corbyn. That's why I saaid PM and not leader of the Cons.

Comment

Replace an unelected leader with another, and Brexiters argue the EU is undemocratic. You couldn't make this tulip up.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Replace an unelected leader with another, and Brexiters argue the EU is undemocratic. You couldn't make this tulip up.
              I believe the conservative party, being the party with the largest number of seat post 2017 election were by the democratic constitution of this country invited to form a government. hence Teresa May is in fact our current elected leader. Therefore we would not as you claim be replacing one unelected leader with another.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

I suspect the people of Maidenhead would disagree with your understanding, her having 64.8% of the public vote in her constituency.

Electoral history of Theresa May - Wikipedia

Do please explain which members of the public voted for Drunker etc.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  I suspect the people of Maidenhead would disagree with your understanding, her having 64.8% of the public vote in her constituency.

Electoral history of Theresa May - Wikipedia

Do please explain which members of the public voted for Drunker etc.
                  He was voted in by the MEPs, who are elected by the public.

More voted for him than voted for those in the House of Lords. Should that be disbanded too (Is your answer most likely based on "whatever the Wail tells me"?)

Comment

He was voted in by the MEPs, who are elected by the public.

More voted for him than voted for those in the House of Lords. Should that be disbanded too (Is your answer most likely based on "whatever the Wail tells me"?)

So he wasn't elected by members of the public then, unlike Mrs May so we can definitely agree that the EU is less democratic!

Now to the desperate whataboutery trying to deflect the EU's failings.

I have suggested in the past that I would like to see an elected second chamber to avoid both parties stuffing it with their placemen, it seems to be the most sensible route to real democracy. Luckily the Wail agrees with me, as does Jezzy.

All future Labour peers must back abolition of Lords, says Corbyn | Politics | The Guardian
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X