• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Didn't farming communities .....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    The figure is around 50% for campylobacter and <5% for salmonella. Both are killed during cooking.

As for chlorine washing, all it does is affect the skin of the bird, any bacteria under the surface still survive. Chlorine washing is bad for the environment and the molecules are bioaccumulable (that means we can't get rid of them from our bodies once they are in there)

As for animal husbandry/animal welfare in US farming, well, the DM faithful don't care about it, as long as they get a 50p chicken.
    I expect that the DM readership cares passionately about animal welfare in countries like France.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      I expect that the DM readership cares passionately about animal welfare in countries like France.
      Indeed

Mmmmm Ortolan...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        ,,,flood our markets with their food thus wiping out our farmers ...
        We still have farmers?

Chlorine washing is bad for the environment and the molecules are bioaccumulable (that means we can't get rid of them from our bodies once they are in there)
        Chlorine dioxide in solution? Really? I'm a bit sceptical about that.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        as you know, you are what you eat

always surprises me people who are attracted to the cheapest meat

there are places to save costs and places not to save costs, dairy/meat products is a place where it's good not to buy the cheapest

Milan.
        That's why I only eat Swiss produced meat. Once or twice a year. As the bank allows me to remortgage...
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          We still have farmers?

That's why I only eat Swiss produced meat. Once or twice a year. As the bank allows me to remortgage...
          Indeed, do you also take your financial advisor with you to the supermarket ?
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Chlorine washing is bad for the environment and the molecules are bioaccumulable (that means we can't get rid of them from our bodies once they are in there)
            Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            mod fight !!!!

Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Why US chickens have to be washed with chlorine  | Daily Mail Online
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Except that it's not the point you were making in your OP. So apologies for failing instantly to understand your drivel.

Now you've clarified what you're on about, it's still drivel.

HTH
                Apology accepted, although it still makes you and your friends as thick as mince.

Farming communities voted out (I know, I live in a farming community) as they want away from the EU CAP, irony is, they escape the CAP (probably) to be destroyed by free trade deals that will insist that the UK food market is opened up to all manner of countries including the US, thus putting even more pressure on our hard done by (their words not mine) farmers.

Seems though that many Brexit voters don't care about our farmers and would prefer cheaper low quality food so long as we can get a blue passport and take back control The irony may be lost on you, but it's not lost on us with more intelligence.

It must be nice to live in ignorant bliss and be too thick to understand how the world works.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Apology accepted, although it still makes you and your friends as thick as mince.

Farming communities voted out (I know, I live in a farming community) as they want away from the EU CAP, irony is, they escape the CAP (probably) to be destroyed by free trade deals that will insist that the UK food market is opened up to all manner of countries including the US, thus putting even more pressure on our hard done by (their words not mine) farmers.

Seems though that many Brexit voters don't care about our farmers and would prefer cheaper low quality food so long as we can get a blue passport and take back control The irony may be lost on you, but it's not lost on us with more intelligence.

It must be nice to live in ignorant bliss and be too thick to understand how the world works.
                  You're very good at calling people "thick". Shame I don't match your peerless intelligence and understanding of the things around me.

However you are still talking drivel. I don't know if you noticed but UK farmers are either providing reasonable quality cheap food already ( a Red Tractor chicken is £3.50 on the shelf in Tesco, so the farmer is raising them for well under £2 each) or are focussed on the high quality and/or organic stuff. The only ones really suffering are dairy where wholesale prices are close to production costs, and sheep, which has a small market because people think its expensive and/or unhealthy so the market price per animal is at rock bottom; that won't change either way by abandoning the CAP.

So try talking facts and opinion, and leaving out the personal attacks which are not only insulting but totally misplaced. A bit like you, really...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    Shame I don't match your peerless intelligence and understanding of the things around me.
                    You'd need to log-transform sasguru's Thick-As-Mince Scale to bring Whorty into view.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Remoaners getting worked up because some chicken for sale might have been washed in chlorinated water.

OMG end of the World!

FFS is this the best argument you losers have got left?

Nope but its the only example of a trade benefit you morons can come up with, start giving some real benefits of leaving and we might even agree that its a good idea
                      Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Working...
                      X