• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The more sinister side of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more sinister side of Brexit

Having plenty of time over this week and the next few weeks to go on various web sites, join as a member of the forum and expose Brexit fabrications and misconceptions I have noticed a very sinister trend.

Although many of the assumptions , misconceptions and sometimes downright lies are easily disproved there seems to be a growing trend of spite in some of the responses, its a sort of "well my life is tulip so why shouldn't other people experience what I am?" a lesson to understand their plight.

I do understand that there are a lot of angry people out there who feel that previous generations have let them down and to some extent have some sympathy with that but there is no point arguing with these people as even if the outcome is disaster , and I think some now realise that, in some kind of twisted way its what they want.

So I have now decided to focus my attention on getting the Young Conservatives to vote differently , a few photos of cuddly foxes to pursue them that fox hunting was not a good policy and maybe they are backing the wrong team seem to have gone down well so far.
    Last edited by motoukenin; 13 October 2017, 07:52.
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
    there seems to be a growing trend of spite in some of the responses

Go f0k yourself.

Comment

He's finally realised what we've known for ages.

Thank feck for that...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Thank feck for that...
        Don't argue with idiots - ban them?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Don't argue with idiots - ban them?
          May I refer the honourable member to my previous answer. If we ban people for being idiots, where will it all end?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            May I refer the honourable member to my previous answer. If we ban people for being idiots, where will it all end?
            that is indeed an interesting question

if we ban all of the idiots who would be left, hmm,

me, and who else, can't think of anyone, if I'm the last one will I have to be the Moderator too ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Thank feck for that...
              Instead of a one liner critique, how about you explain to us all how a nurse who will get no real pay rise over the next 2 years and is now facing higher mortgage / rent costs , food and fuel prices is going to dramatically improve her life as a result of Brexit ?

Appreciate you don't need to apologise that would be the job of Mr Johnson as he quite categorically stated that the economic outlook would not be worse, still it would be helpful for me to understand as I know a nurse back in the UK who is struggling and can pass your comments on.
              Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Instead of a one liner critique, how about you explain to us all how a nurse who will get no real pay rise over the next 2 years and is now facing higher mortgage / rent costs , food and fuel prices is going to dramatically improve her life as a result of Brexit ?
                Why use nurses as an example?
                I know quite a few nurses and not one of them voted Brexit. I have no real evidence that the majority of nurses voted remain I'm afraid, but even so I'm not sure your choice of example is a good one.

How about Sunderland car factory workers? Or Lincolnshire people who've never done a days gang-work in their lives? They did vote for Brexit, overwhelmingly, and are almost certainly gonna be among the first to get f***ed.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Although many of the assumptions , misconceptions and sometimes downright lies are easily disproved
                  I'd disagree, but it's also worth noting that the other sides lies were easier to expose.

So what are you hoping to achieve with your hot air and waste of effort?

Comment

Appreciate you don't need to apologise that would be the job of Mr Johnson as he quite categorically stated that the economic outlook would not be worse, still it would be helpful for me to understand as I know a nurse back in the UK who is struggling and can pass your comments on.
                    Her life wouldn't improve dramatically with or without Brexit. Nor would it get dramatically worse either way.
                    P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Working...
                    X