• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Quite. The truth isn't funny.
    well as they were insults with no obvious basis in fact that means they aren't 'The truth', despite your best efforts the wild ramblings of some remainers aren't gospel.

Your opinion may be that leave voters are 'As thick as mince' etc however the facts don't support this.

If you can't supply interesting facts and be able to discuss them then its probably best if you go back to playing with your crayons. (that bit was an insult not a fact )
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Just done my bit for the British economy. Sold all my UK shares and bought the proceeds with Swiss francs.

You're welcome.
      I've kept mine, as long as they're international and they have contingency plans to shift thousands of jobs into the EU, I reckon no problem.

Steer clear of inward looking companies, reliant on the UK home market.

Daily Mail group fears Brexit may adversely affect profits

The interesting thing about Brexit is that it mainly impacts those who support it
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Well, that's one way of looking at it. Another way, is that uber-muttonheads liks sas and darmy haven't yet discovered the joy of stopping banging your head against the brick wall that are the self-satisfied,shrill in supposed victory, rose-tinted delusions of the Brexiters. Like knowing whether Brexit will be better for Britain than remaining would, who can say? Only time will tell which is right.
        Sorry everyone. Forgot to include NAT in the uber-muttonhead category. My bad!!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Sure, those who you disagree with are idiots. I'm fairly certain there were equal numbers of idiots on both sides.

Well, no you're technically correct that more idiots voted Leave: Leave won.
          The only decent argument I have heard is rejecting the principle of freedom of movement.

I have also heard clap trap about an EU army, Turkey joining, loss of more Sovereignty/law making areas all of which require treaty change and ratification by parliament. Oh and the Sovereignty of the courts which Brexiters now complain about.

Also some outright lies about
          350 million for the NHS, leaving European Court of Human Rights (not court of justice). Trade deficient means we will get single market access. We can send asylum seekers back.

Not to forget we can sign trade treaties with the 20% of our trade partners who don't have or are in negotiation with the e.u.
          Last edited by BlueSharp; 2 December 2016, 11:33.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
            So does anyone want to "call" the Italian Referendum and Austrian Presidential results? Both happen on 4th December.
            Renzi to lose, don't know about the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Yes I do wish I was a millionaire like you
              Well, if you listen carefully you might get closer.

The markets are based on the participants making money. Not on what is good for the country or people. Every now and again they overlap but that's more accident than design.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                We can send asylum seekers back.
                I'm pretty sure that won't happen and probably isn't even desired. Asylum seekers are a tiny minority of overall immigration.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  Well, if you listen carefully you might get closer.

Like all Brexiters your head is stuck firmly up your arse, you patronising fool
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I'm pretty sure that won't happen and probably isn't even desired. Asylum seekers are a tiny minority of overall immigration.
                    If you can tell that to some of your Brexit friends in the Express that would be a great start!
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

uber-muttonheads liks sas and darmy haven't yet discovered the joy of stopping banging your head against the brick wall that are the self-satisfied,shrill in supposed victory, rose-tinted delusions of the Brexiters.
                      Mea culpa
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X