• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    As I recall, over half the engineers in the automotive industry in Germany are British. The reason's are simple - Germany pays more than the UK, there aren't many jobs for engineers in the UK and the Germans have a high opinion of British engineers.

I would say that you should stick to only talking about stuff where you have some real knowledge, but that would mean you never post here...

...a word of advice; you should stick to only talking about stuff where you have some real knowledge.
    That takes me back quite a few years to the 70s and 80s. Certainly I was surprised a the number of Brits working for Mercedes in Sindelfingen and BMW in Munich. Moreover, in those days money that I (and my friends) earned in Europe came back to the UK and was invested in businesses and it created new jobs. Even in those days there was an underlying resentment in the UK of people becoming successful; it does seem that same attitude continues today with the mentality of Brexiters with: I’ve never had the opportunity to work or live in Europe so I am damned if I let you…

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      That takes me back quite a few years to the 70s and 80s. Certainly I was surprised a the number of Brits working for Mercedes in Sindelfingen and BMW in Munich. Moreover, in those days money that I (and my friends) earned in Europe came back to the UK and was invested in businesses and it created new jobs. Even in those days there was an underlying resentment in the UK of people becoming successful; it does seem that same attitude continues today with the mentality of Brexiters with: I’ve never had the opportunity to work or live in Europe so I am damned if I let you…

I think there's still a fair few in Sindelfingen, in fact I can see the factory from my hotel room and I hear their voices now and then when out eating, but since I last worked down here I have noticed though that there are a lot more people from the Far East and slightly nearer...Actually where I currently work there are people from all over the world, its a fair old melting pot of nationalities and it actually makes it a reasonably good place to work.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        As I recall, over half the engineers in the automotive industry in Germany are British. The reason's are simple - Germany pays more than the UK, there aren't many jobs for engineers in the UK and the Germans have a high opinion of British engineers.

I would say that you should stick to only talking about stuff where you have some real knowledge, but that would mean you never post here...

...a word of advice; you should stick to only talking about stuff where you have some real knowledge.
        I should also refrain from arguing with whinging losers, but again, I would have to stop posting here.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

On the contrary. Carry on working there and feel free to take up citizenship.

You lot still can't get your heads around the idea that you can work and engage with other countries without being controlled by them.

Comment

Did Clinton win?

Are we still at the back of the queue for a trade deal with the US?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              Did Clinton win?

I don't suppose Sturgeon's comments about Trump will have done it any favours.

Comment

Originally posted by westtester View Post
                I don't suppose Sturgeon's comments about Trump will have done it any favours.
                She already has a team of builders sawing Scotland off England and winching it on to Belgium.

Comment

Did Clinton win?

Yep Trump will do a deal to allow British banks to pinch business from New York, he's a champion of free trade.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I think I remember a time when CUK used to get on well.

Comment

On the contrary. Carry on working there and feel free to take up citizenship.

You lot still can't get your heads around the idea that you can work and engage with other countries without being controlled by them.

What do you mean by "controlled by them"? Please give at least one example.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X