• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why you will want to vote Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    TBH even if there is no change to immigration, and no economic crash; the exit is such a fascinating concept, it worth voting to leave just to see what happens.

Honestly, anything that rocks the status quo is a good thing in my mind.
    Although admittedly I'm sitting pretty with a large house that I own outright, I must say I absolutely agree with you even if (very unlikely) property prices fall significantly.

England and later Scotland did very well once we left the (then) clammy embrace of the Catholic Church in the 1530s, and at the time many timid collectivists predicted dire consequences, and yes there was some disruption for a while. Leaving the EU is the exact modern equivalent.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      That would make me vote to stay in.
      The Conservative party will fall apart, I think that's pretty clear and we can see in the recent polls, Corbyn is making headway, with a broken Conservative party should be a wheeze. People are getting used to him.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        The Conservative party will fall apart, I think that's pretty clear and we can see in the recent polls, Corbyn is making headway, with a broken Conservative party should be a wheeze. People are getting used to him.
        They will fall apart anyway.

The party imploded under Major thanks to Europe. However it took until Bliar turned up for people to vote Labour as Kinnock wasn't trusted.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Brexit followed by Tory implosion, followed by Corbyn = end of the UK as a world player.
          And the people who will suffer most will be the poorly-skilled people (including some Cukkers) who voted for it.
          Go for it!
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Brexit followed by Tory implosion, followed by Corbyn = end of the UK as a world player.
            And the people who will suffer most will be the poorly-skilled people (including some Cukkers) who voted for it.
            Go for it!
            Time to load up on BTL then

Comment

However it took until Bliar turned up for people to vote Labour as Kinnock was ginger and Welsh
              FTFY

Comment

That would make me vote to stay in.
                If it could be shown that this would definitely happen, I would give it a second thought, and then vote leave. Sometimes you have to take your medicine, but Corbyn would crash and burn in the early stages of a Labour gov't, not so much because of his ideas and ideals (bad as they are, it would take a while for these to work through, and there will be moderating influences), but because of his incompetence. Just look at his tax return, for example. He can't even get the basics right. Or look at the number of open goals he's been delivered in PMQs, and promptly punted them into the stands. He's in the process of rigging the Labour party to avoid being booted out, but he can't rig broader public opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  FTFY
                  We voted for Scots...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
                    Time to load up on BTL then
                    Diversification is the name of the game - selling one of three, proceeds to go into other investments.
                    Got portable enough skills to get a job in Switzerland/Germany.
                    If Brexit happens will watch with interest, from elsewhere.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Diversification is the name of the game - selling one of three, proceeds to go into other investments.
                      Got portable enough skills to get a job in Switzerland/Germany.
                      If Brexit happens will watch with interest, from elsewhere.
                      The Robbie Fowler method is tried and tested
                      It has Brexit compatibility built in.

Borrow quick and as much as you can.

Comment

Working...
                      X