• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why you will want to vote Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    True but, fortunately, they're slightly less moronic than the remainiacs
    They had one thing to do, and they couldn't get that right And so the squabbling continues, like a bunch of children and that's what the 'outers' want to be governed by
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      They had one thing to do, and they couldn't get that right And so the squabbling continues, like a bunch of children and that's what the 'outers' want to be governed by
      At least we know the names of our campaign groups Anyway, the remainiacs are making all of our arguments for us. Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        At least we know the names of our campaign groups Anyway, the remainiacs are making all of our arguments for us. Bless.
        I'm making arguments for no-one.

This is just a replay of the Scottish referendum....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I'm thinking that it might be like the last General Election where the gullible British public got taken in by the media and are now paying for it
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Probably, but a lower turnout would be a critical difference, as age is the only established correlation with voting preference. I expect a high turnout in Scotland and NI, but probably not in Wales or England. The rule of thumb is a 10-point lead in the polls to overcome the status quo, and Leave doesn't have that, even adjusted for turnout. However, I think it will be closer than the Scottish ref. We'll see. Anyway, I'm taking a sizeable punt on Remain to console myself.

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
              Time to load up on BTL then
              Corbyn will not let you run a BTL. Rents will be regulated, at less than your own cost.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Diversification is the name of the game - selling one of three, proceeds to go into other investments.
                Got portable enough skills to get a job in Switzerland/Germany.
                If Brexit happens will watch with interest, from elsewhere.
                You may first need to find somebody willing to sponsor your visa in order to work there.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  If we stay in it will be taken as a vote for 'ever closer union' the European experiment will continue.
                  Few in the EU are keen on the 'ever closer' thing, except for Belgium. Merkel has been known to tell the Belgians that they would need to make their own country 'ever closer' first - that is short for "never on my watch".

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    We voted to join a common market in 1975.
                    No we didn't.

1975 Referendum pamphlet

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
                      Membership of the Common Market also imposes new rights and duties on Britain, but does not deprive us of our national identity.
                      hmm
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X