• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

100% First Year Plant & Machinery Allowance on Electric Cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% First Year Plant & Machinery Allowance on Electric Cars

Has anyone considered buying a new electric car through their limited company and claiming the 100% write off against profits in the year of purchase? Under current rules no taxable car benefit arises as the car does not have a co2 emissions figure.

Take a look at the Tesla Roadstar sport car for instance!

You are aware they don't make them any more so cannot buy a new Tesla Roadster?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You are aware they don't make them any more so cannot buy a new Tesla Roadster?
      The OP's been seen on various boards and LinkedIn groups. Accuracy is not his strong point. Bit worrying for an accountant....
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        The OP's been seen on various boards and LinkedIn groups. Accuracy is not his strong point. Bit worrying for an accountant....
        I'm keeping an eye on him...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

And look what my beady eye has alighted upon...

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Thank goodness UKContractorAccountant can offer

✓ Tax-efficient Structures.
          Retain up to 90% of your contract income with our tax structures designed to minimise your overall tax liabilities.

Presumably such a scheme removes any IR35 concerns.

Where do I sign?
          Is everyone aware on my views regarding this sort of thing?
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UK Contractor Accountant View Post
              Has anyone considered buying a new electric car through their limited company and claiming the 100% write off against profits in the year of purchase? Under current rules no taxable car benefit arises as the car does not have a co2 emissions figure.

Take a look at the Tesla Roadstar sport car for instance!
              I had the benefit of driving a Tesla once. They helped fund one of the racing projects at our Uni's Mech Eng department and through contacts etc a bunch of us got to drive one around at Silverstone after Formula Student. It was a great car but I'd never dream of buying one. Thanks for the information though.

Comment

what about the BMW i3 (or upcoming i8)
                BMW i3 : Technical data
                that appears to have an emissions figure of 0

Comment

Working...
                X