• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The last couple of weeks have been really good.

I chose the wrong career.....

I think they are down about 15% since I called it.
    P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

tesla

Tesla’s share price is down more than 20 per cent since mid-September, and it is the most shorted US stock by dollar volume, according to figures from analyst S3 Partners. Investors who believe the share price will fall have placed bets worth $8.2bn. That is equivalent to 16 per cent of shares outstanding, according to Bloomberg data.

The doubts are well founded. As of last month, the total number of Tesla vehicles ever produced reached 250,000. Volkswagen and Toyota each make that number every 10 days. The traditional carmakers have decades of experience that give them real advantages in building efficient production lines and managing long supply chains.

While Tesla has been grabbing all the headlines, General Motors has been quietly building mass market electric cars. In the 10 months to October 31, it has delivered 17,083 of its brand new Chevrolet Bolt fully electric vehicles and another 16,710 Volt plug-in hybrids. It also promised that it would produce at least 20 new electric models by 2023.

The market is listening. GM shares are up 30 per cent in the past 12 months, and it has reclaimed its crown as the most valuable US car group, after briefly losing it to Tesla. GM is gaining market share in conventional cars and many investors believe that it is better positioned than many peers to survive the coming shift to electric and driverless vehicles. Not only does GM have the Bolt, it also put $500m into ride-hailing company Lyft in early 2016.

Comment

Tesla, hmmmm.....

Tesla Roadster: Elon Musk unveils 'fastest production car ever' in shock announcement
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Its extraordinary he still gets away with the same game. Massive delays in the Model 3, poor build quality, missed targets by miles, losing more cash than any company in history, and he announces yet another new product which won't ever come close to his predictions of either delivery or performance and will have a tiny market even if it does get built. More and more I think this is going the way of a Ponzi

Comment

Carillion anyone?

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Carillion anyone?

Anyone?

Short or buy?!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                The last couple of weeks have been really good.

Is it because the crowd are pulling out their investments to put it in cryptocoins for 'easy money' with it 'going to the moon'?

If so, should be some less risky investments worth dipping into while the herd are chasing the greed train, before they all rush back once the bubble bursts.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  Is it because the crowd are pulling out their investments to put it in cryptocoins for 'easy money' with it 'going to the moon'?

If so, should be some less risky investments worth dipping into while the herd are chasing the greed train, before they all rush back once the bubble bursts.
                  Portfolio back down again, so yes valuations seem to be a little less frothy than a few weeks ago.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Portfolio back up on the back of emerging markets which seem to be strong today. Looking like the beginning of another good year.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'll be able to give up work at this rate
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X