• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    Already plonked the cash into BP(*), shares which will probably remain in the portfolio forever. GLEN now at 112, not attractive for a share with no divi and mountainous debt. VW? don't like the downside - some Greenpeace guy on the radio was talking about a corporate manslaughter charge this morning. That won't fly but the inevitable US Class Actions are impossible to put a value on, but the total bill has got to be in the billions.

(*) Yes, I am a hypocrite.
    now 116

Yeah BP is a good stock with a high upside you'll easily recoup the loss on that one, especially at last week's price. I took a hefty stake in Shell. If the deal with BG gets through, that's going to be fantastic as a cash generator.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 6 October 2015, 14:10.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      now 116

Yeah BP is a good stock with a high upside you'll easily recoup the loss on that one, especially at last week's price. I took a hefty stake in Shell. If the deal with BG gets through, that's going to be fantastic as a cash generator.
      Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

now 116

BG are a shambles.
        Take it from someone who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
          BG are a shambles.
          Take it from someone who knows.
          That's good to know, and in spite of the bad management the share price has gone up since 2009.

Just think what the share price will do when Shell is in charge and they throw out the bad managers,

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Great. They can start mid-Wednesday which is about when I reckon it's going to peak and I'm going to bin everything.
            Six day bull run.

Locked in 4k up. Bailed on Glencore, BP, Lloyds & SL. Now just holding GSK and KCOM total 5.5k. All yours Blaster.

You may now slide again.

Comment

Six day bull run.

Locked in 4k up. Bailed on Glencore, BP, Lloyds & SL. Now just holding GSK and KCOM total 5.5k. All yours Blaster.

You may now slide again.
              The only thing that's worse than a dirty spekulant is a successful profit fixing dirty spekulant

Comment

Six day bull run.

You may now slide again.
                Thx, that's very generous indeed of you to handover the shares, another 10% up
                Last edited by BlasterBates; 7 October 2015, 13:09.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Comment

Six day bull run.

You may now slide again.
                    Amateur

Seriously, though, that's the hardest part for the average punter (me included): basing a decision on when to buy and sell on the fundamental picture, and not on the loss you've made or profit gained up to that point. It's difficult for the average punter to grit their teeth and sell when needed or hang on when they're in profit.

Comment

I see I bailed a little early. I could be another 700 quid up right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X