• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Weird. Glencore cancelled their dividend, but I have a forty quid payment from them in my account???
    Sir, that means (as far as share price is concerned) that you are fooked.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Sir, that means (as far as share price is concerned) that you are fooked.

HTH
      Actually it means as I was only 40 quid under, I am now at breakeven for the month with the exception of the 90 quid to come on SL divvies.

So that's 90 quid on 27k in three weeks or so.

I am confident that by the end of the week my 27k will be at least 30k & I shall be at your reserved VIP table at Spearmint Rhinos in Birmingham with a wodge of five pound notes throwing them at the girls. (I hear there have been complaints about you hurting the girls throwing 50p pieces!)
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I shall be at your reserved VIP table at Spearmint Rhinos in Birmingham with a wodge of five pound notes throwing them at the girls. (I hear there have been complaints about you hurting the girls throwing 50p pieces!)

Comment

Actually it means as I was only 40 quid under, I am now at breakeven for the month with the exception of the 90 quid to come on SL divvies.

I am confident that by the end of the week my 27k will be at least 30k & I shall be at your reserved VIP table at Spearmint Rhinos in Birmingham with a wodge of five ten pound notes throwing them at the girls. (I hear there have been complaints about you hurting the girls throwing 50p pieces!
          )
          FTFY
          Glencore Surges 72 Percent in Hong Kong Amid Unit Sale Talks - Bloomberg Business
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 5 October 2015, 06:51.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

No Brainer?

Government to sell off Lloyds shares at a 5% discount to market, plus a 10% bonus if you hold for a year (£200 cap). Smaller applications (<£1000) to be given priority.

Sounds like a no-brainer, but don't start selling your Glencore just yet. Its been announced during the conference season, but it ain't happening till March....

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6252a6de-6...#axzz3ngHJMoeL

Government Announcement http://www.investegate.co.uk/hm-trea...050701281827B/

Shares sale site - to register an interest. https://www.gov.uk/lloydsshares/
            Last edited by pjclarke; 5 October 2015, 09:49.
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              Government to sell off Lloyds shares at a 5% discount to market, plus a 10% bonus if you hold for a year. Smaller applications (<£1000) to be given priority.

Sounds like a no-brainer, but don't start selling your Glencore just yet. Its been announced during the conference season, but it ain't happening till March....

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6252a6de-6...#axzz3ngHJMoeL
              Yeah, it is, but it's difficult to get too excited about this; any worthwhile amount is going to be massively scaled back, and it isn't the same prospect as Royal Mail. Still, if it's running via Hargreaves Lansdown, I'll punt up to what I think they might not scale to zero (£5k perhaps?).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Yeah, it is, but it's difficult to get too excited about this; any worthwhile amount is going to be massively scaled back, and it isn't the same prospect as Royal Mail. Still, if it's running via Hargreaves Lansdown, I'll punt up to what I think they might not scale to zero (£5k perhaps?).
                + family + friends
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                  + family + friends
                  Yes, good point, I regret not forcing my extended family to punt on RM

Comment

Right. All shares up and Glencore flying.

Better get a haircut those girls at Spearmint Rhinos won't like a man with untidy hair.

You got to be init, to win it.

Comment

I am confident that by the end of the week my 27k will be at least 30k & I shall be at your reserved VIP table at Spearmint Rhinos in Birmingham with a wodge of five pound notes throwing them at the girls. (I hear there have been complaints about you hurting the girls throwing 50p pieces!)
                      Appears that I just shy of 3k up now, cool considering I was almost 3k down at the beginning of last week.

AtW, Che Guevara, Jeremy Corbyn, Mao Tse Tung, Edgar Allan Poe, Leon Trotsky, can you hear me, can you hear me? Your boys took a helluva beating.

(No doubt back to zero by the end of the week)

Comment

Working...
                      X