• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long ass thread and can't be bothered reading it all, but I use the financial times portfolio tracker.

Great if you have shares in different currencies, pretty easy to see how you're doing over various timeframes, gives you all the news relevant to you r shares.

If it's been stated before please ignore

Been a great few years on the markets (Wish I'd been even braver with facebook when it was at 30 something, made a killing, slightly offset by rolls royce dying on me), getting smashed now but in it for the long term so try not to pay too much attention, plus working for a bank where I'm not allowed to buy or sell without pre approval and have to hold for at least 3 months makes it hard anyway.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

At the moment the stock market is driven by one thing. The price of Copper and the fear of Glencore bankruptcy, defaulting on huge loans, all their couterparties and creating armageddon in the commodity and financial markets, so precipitating a huge depression far worse than 1929.

So always worth checkin:-

http://http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-01/copper-extends-advance-after-chinese-manufacturing-stabilizes-if7moau9

Looks a bit more optimistic today
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
        This corrective rally is setting up nice targets to short the markets. Technical damage from Aug is yet to be repaired. The trend is still down
        This

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        Short position covering yesterday and rolling on into today. Q4 beginning and yes I agree, possible short opportunity soon.
        And this
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Could be bear time...
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I will be Value Averaging my monthly payment into VHYL etf tomorrow, without any consideration of the current market level (Value averaging takes care of that).
            I suggest most on here consider something similar, there is zero chance trying to bounce on the latest hot share hoping to make a fortune will work.
            Please don't be fooled by the odd lucky punt that works due to blind luck.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Long ass thread and can't be bothered reading it all, but I use the financial times portfolio tracker.

Great if you have shares in different currencies, pretty easy to see how you're doing over various timeframes, gives you all the news relevant to you r shares.

If it's been stated before please ignore
              I use Yahoo Finance's virtual portfolio, free not sure if the FT one charges based on subscription to the general site
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Looks like I was in profit on Glencore at somepoint during the day to the tune of about a grand, and all of my other losses went back to near breakeven, but they've all dropped back down again now. No room for sleeping.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Copper Stages A Recovery » Fx Empire Network

Today's big jump in heavy volume came after news from top producing country Chile. Output at one of the world's largest copper mines, Collahuasi, will be cut by 30,000 tonnes due to current market conditions. The mine, owned by Anglo American and Glencore produced 470,000 tonnes of copper in 2014, roughly 2% of global output. Earlier this month Glencore announced its idling mines in Zambia and the DRC that would remove more than 400,000 from the market. Also on Tuesday Peru declared a state of emergency in the area around the Las Bemba’s mine after clashes between police and protesters left four people dead and 16 seriously injured.
                  At least Glencore has the ability to adjust the price of Copper to raise the value of it's inventories.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Might also be worth taking the bigger picture context of the overall stock markets into consideration here. If the whole thing tanks what will GLEN do?...

I know it won't affect you long termers that much but there is a big news announcement at 1:30 PM GMT which tends to move the markets.
                    Last edited by Jog On; 2 October 2015, 06:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      Might also be worth taking the bigger picture context of the overall stock markets into consideration here. If the whole thing tanks what will GLEN do?....
                      Why not? It's not like dirty spekulants believe in the company, if everybody sells then makes sense to sell also even if it's to buy same shares later at lower cost.

That's kapitalism without a human face...

Comment

Working...
                      X