• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Long term you might as well buy houses!
    Can't stick a house in my SIPP wrapper
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Long term, why must everyone think about turning a buck now!
      It still isn't the right time to think about buying even for long term investment. The shares will tank still, it hasn't bottomed out yet. Wait for the US/EU regulators to make their mind up.

Comment

VW should start redeeming their worthless shares for their cheating cars - a few shares for a 911 Turbo S hmmmmm

Comment

Analysts warn of "another crash" as FTSE hits lowest level since Black Monday - Telegraph

Comment

Yup, anyone thinking of buying shares now must be barking mad.

2015-09-22 The End Game Has Begun

.. Here are the facts:

1) The REAL problem for the financial system is the bond bubble. In 2008 when the crisis hit it was $80 trillion. It has since grown to over $100 trillion.

2) The derivatives market that uses this bond bubble as collateral is over $555 trillion in size.

3) Many of the large multinational corporations, sovereign governments, and even municipalities have used derivatives to fake earnings and hide debt. NO ONE knows to what degree this has been the case, but given that 20% of corporate CFOs have admitted to faking earnings in the past, it’s likely a significant amount.

4) Corporations today are more leveraged than they were in 2007. As Stanley Druckenmiller noted recently, in 2007 corporate bonds were $3.5 trillion… today they are $7 trillion: an amount equal to nearly 50% of US GDP.

5) The Central Banks are now all leveraged at levels greater than or equal to where Lehman Brothers was when it imploded. The Fed is leveraged at 78 to 1. The ECB is leveraged at over 26 to 1. Lehman Brothers was leveraged at 30 to 1.

6) The Central Banks have no idea how to exit their strategies. Fed minutes released from 2009 show Janet Yellen was worried about how to exit when the Fed’s balance sheet was $1.3 trillion (back in 2009). Today it’s over $4.5 trillion.

We are heading for a crisis that will be exponentially worse than 2008. The global Central Banks have literally bet the financial system that their theories will work. They haven’t. All they’ve done is set the stage for an even worse crisis in which entire countries will go bankrupt. ...
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's funny how these super clever "analysts" always warn of a crash after a crash. They also tell us to pile in before any crash. What a ******* excellent job they have. So clever they are.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                It's funny how these super clever "analysts" always warn of a crash after a crash. They also tell us to pile in before any crash. What a ******* excellent job they have. So clever they are.
                They're having the last laugh though, because they aren't making their money from trading. It goes something like this: markets down 1+% today, wheel out Dr Doom to sell his latest book about why we're all doomed; markets up 1+% today, wheel out giddy optimist guy to promote his new monster options trading service. That's the problem with online news. They need to continuously fill a vacuum with "stuff", including on days when there's feck all going on.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Yup, anyone thinking of buying shares now must be barking mad.

2015-09-22 The End Game Has Begun

The contra-contrarian view:-

It's safe to say that those who did make investment decisions based on Zero Hedge's bearish views missed or all part of a bull market that has carried the S&P 500 200% higher.
                  Zero Hedge: Wall Street's daily dose of doom and gloom - Sep. 25, 2014
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

It may be a dead cat bounce but up 15% on VW :
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      It may be a dead cat bounce but up 15% on VW :
                      Nice. He who dares Rodney, he who dares.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X