• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    My Glencore average is now at 89p. I've got 10 grands worth at that price, so a few hundred quid up.

I'm around a grand down on the other 5. I don't like to talk about those.
    Your sums don't add up!

If you have £10k @ 89p AVG, the £5k you bought at 72p and the previous break even of 144 means your average price is 108p

Or in other words, you either can't count or I call bulltulip
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My Glencore average is now at 89p.
      Same as your IQ then. What a strange coincidence...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Your sums don't add up!

If you have £10k @ 89p AVG, the £5k you bought at 72p and the previous break even of 144 means your average price is 108p

Or in other words, you either can't count or I call bulltulip
        I don't know where you get 144 from?

I bought in tranches from 130, some at 110 and then topped up at 72. I'll let you work out the maths.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I bought in tranches from 130, some at 110 and then topped up at 72. I'll let you work out the maths.
          You should since maths isn't one of your strongest qualities... if it was then you'd give exact amounts of tranches as otherwise it's impossible to calculate real per share average ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            You should since maths isn't one of your strongest qualities... if it was then you'd give exact amounts of tranches as otherwise it's impossible to calculate real per share average ...
            Well Simon seems to be able to make stuff up so I thought he'd be able to figure it out.

Comment

Well Simon seems to be able to make stuff up so I thought he'd be able to figure it out.
              To be fair you've given him enough data points to figure out actual share numbers. One does not need to be in black MESA to do it...

P.S. You forgot to say - Simon says!

Comment

I don't know where you get 144 from?

Price on 9th Sept when you broke even was 144

And I'm blue on Glencore
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Price on 9th Sept when you broke even was 144
                  I was in profit of around 10% when it hit 144. Blue does not mean breakeven it means positive.

I do hope you don't code, with your logic you'd be crap at it.

Comment

This corrective rally is setting up nice targets to short the markets. Technical damage from Aug is yet to be repaired. The trend is still down

Comment

Short position covering yesterday and rolling on into today. Q4 beginning and yes I agree, possible short opportunity soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X