• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all

I have uploaded the following to the NTRT members page for those who did not receive the email:
    • November newsletter
    • Template invitation to MPs
    • Link to Survey

Link to members area

Best regards

Santa
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by normalbloke View Post
      As requested, whizzed an email straight off to Mr Cameron (my MP) and his research office. 15 minutes later had a reply saying someone from his office would be attending. Quickest response ever to an email!
      so he'll send Gawke to make sure they know all the pertinent points so he can shoot them down in the next version of his letter. Keep up the pressure NTRT, i may be cynical about politicians but i support this action 100%

Comment

To do list

Glad to say I have eventually ticked these tasks off my "To Do List"

1. Send Invitation email to my MP re: Invitation to NTRT briefing
        2. Complete NTRT Survery
        3. Send additional Donation to that great bunch at NTRT

If the Dog can do it, so can you - what you waiting for ?
        Last edited by Maddog; 29 November 2012, 09:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
          Impact Assessment - check!
          Invitation to MP - check!
          Positive Response from MP - check!
          Whitehouse Informed - check!
          Further Donation - cheque!
          Same here, except MP says 'in principle, will check and confirm'. I'll chase if he doesn't confirm.

Comment

Survey

Hi all,

If you haven't done so already, please can you complete the survey.

Survey

We need as many responses as possible.

Thanks!
            DR

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog View Post
              Glad to say I have eventually ticked these tasks off my "To Do List"

1. Send Invitation email to my MP re: Invitation to NTRT briefing
              2. Complete NTRT Survery
              3. Send additional Donation to that great bunch at NTRT

If the Dog can do it, so can you - what you waiting for ?
              Ditto - all three actions now complete.

Comment

This is what we are up against :-

How one family were brought to their knees by the taxman - Telegraph

Comment

one HMRC employee admitted that he had no evidence that Abbey had been involved in fraud, but maintained that he had no proof that it was not involved in criminal activity
                  Sums up HMRC's mantra really - guilty until proven innocent.

But how do you prove you didn't do something...
                  Last edited by centurian; 2 December 2012, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    This is truly terrifying.

Can it really be correct that based on zero evidence HMRC can just arrive, mob handed, and instantly sack all directors from a company? Seize all computers? Take all of the paperwork? Freeze all personal Bank Accounts? Put the company immediately into liquidation?

And the personal degradation of having every single person held on their (personal) mobile phone directories called to ask if they were owed money is too enormous to comprehend!

And it seems that HMRC were totally wrong, exaggerated the little suspicions they had (x 100), had no evidence, as well as choosing the 'independent' liquidator themselves!

All of this with no possible way to appeal...

We need to keep fighting our retrospectively imposed injustice as hard as we can.

Grip

P.S. At £750/hour (yes, an hour) I wonder how the liquidator Louise Brittain pays herself...

Comment

Originally posted by GripRacing View Post
                      Can it really be correct that based on zero evidence HMRC can just arrive, mob handed, and instantly sack all directors from a company? Seize all computers? Take all of the paperwork? Freeze all personal Bank Accounts? Put the company immediately into liquidation?
                      Its all correct. Its what they have done to us. They have systematically lied to parliament.

I will not be happy until Brannigan is in prison. Such scum are wrecking the UK and our basic freedoms.

Comment

Working...
                      X