• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GripRacing View Post
    Can it really be correct that based on zero evidence HMRC can just arrive, mob handed, and instantly sack all directors from a company? Seize all computers? Take all of the paperwork? Freeze all personal Bank Accounts? Put the company immediately into liquidation?
    Not "zero" evidence, but more a case of very flimsy evidence, evidence which could be shown to be incorrect (if there was any way to challenge it - see below) - and evidence not backed up by any form of proof.

But the best part is not nothing which is presented can be challenged or appealed by the directors.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      "Ms Brittain, the only individual with legal standing to appeal HMRC’s assessment, refused to appeal it".

"In a highly unusual step, Ms Brittain stepped down as liquidator" - wonder why?

The liquidator was Louise Brittain. "She now works for Deloitte and charges around £750 an hour".

Now that is what I call the true definition of "morally repugnant".
      Last edited by SantaClaus; 2 December 2012, 22:02.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

On a separate note

Help us to help you...

If you haven't yet sent the latest letter to your MP and completed the survey, please do this as soon as possible.

We have made things very easy. It just relies on every one of our members spending 5 mins on the survey and a few mouse clicks to email the letter to their MP.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

things to do

1. another donation made .. keep up the good work

2. emailed my mp (Paul Burstow lib dem sutton) .. nothing back yet but he has generally been supportive

3. this survey ....

as my moniker states .. I can pay but dont want to

..the impact to me is stress with my wife not having "certainty over our tax affairs" so a house extension and kids university support on hold until its resolved ...dont think I will made bankrupt by all this (even if the loan scheme is factored in ) ...

point is .. do you guys want surveys from folks like me (who arent going to loose their home ?)

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
            1. another donation made .. keep up the good work

2. emailed my mp (Paul Burstow lib dem sutton) .. nothing back yet but he has generally been supportive

3. this survey ....

as my moniker states .. I can pay but dont want to

..the impact to me is stress with my wife not having "certainty over our tax affairs" so a house extension and kids university support on hold until its resolved ...dont think I will made bankrupt by all this (even if the loan scheme is factored in ) ...

point is .. do you guys want surveys from folks like me (who arent going to loose their home ?)
            Yes please. We need a realistic representation. Thanks
            Last edited by TalkingCheese; 3 December 2012, 10:06. Reason: please :-)
            http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              Help us to help you...

If you haven't yet sent the latest letter to your MP and completed the survey, please do this as soon as possible.

We have made things very easy. It just relies on every one of our members spending 5 mins on the survey and a few mouse clicks to email the letter to their MP.
              Done. My MP was on the Labour finance committee that approved this sh1t. He feels ripped off by HMRC.

But no response yet. Also no response to his letter to Ed Balls in September.

If continued no response I might go and see him again.

Comment

Keep those survey responses coming

We need this for the event in Parliament on 8th Jan and NTRT's meeting with the Treasury also in January.

Survey

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  We need this for the event in Parliament on 8th Jan and NTRT's meeting with the Treasury also in January.

Survey
                  completed survey and emailed MP
                  thanks
                  slogger
                  Last edited by slogger; 3 December 2012, 14:45.

Comment

Survey - Completed

Survey
                    Done.

I also found a letter from Hector relating to tax year ending 5 Apr 2004 "...I am pleased to tell you that no amendment to the Return is needed as a result of my enquiry..."

I have forwarded to Whitehouse
                    Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

Survey
                      Survey completed and letter posted to my MP

Comment

Working...
                      X