• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    I have just heard from a deGraaf user who has received the letter from HMRC about imminent APNs.

He hasn't been able to get hold of deGraaf.

Does anyone know if deGraaf are still in business?
    Their website screams ran away but there is a phone number on it... de Graff Resources
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Several hundred deGraaf users are going to be in for a nasty shock when these HMRC letters arrive.

Especially when they then find out the company has disappeared.

Comment

From the Isle of Man registry

The search found 2 company names
        Order Results By: Relevance Company Number Company Name Company Status
        Company Number Company Name Status Entity Type Name Type
        019501B DE GRAAF RESOURCES DISSOLVED Business name CURRENT
        114369C DE GRAAF RESOURCES LIMITED LIVE IOM Company CURRENT
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Thanks Lisa.

There may be some company entity left but, like so many other promoters, it looks like they've shut up shop.

Comment

Received from HMRC notice that within 1to 8 weeks i will get an APN

This is for MP scheme:

So the warning is concrete and official and the timescale is now known.

I guess the rest of you might be interested to know and prepare yourselves to receive similar.

There is quite a bit of bumpf with it saying that you can't appeal an APN and that they may choose not to give the money back even if you win a tribunal at appeal in case they win appealing that and you don't pay.

90 days penalties etc etc - I expect you'll all get them soon as they dribble out.
            Last edited by bombaycat; 18 February 2015, 16:17. Reason: clarification on scheme
            The Cat

Comment

Originally posted by bombaycat View Post
              This is for MP scheme:

I guess the rest of you might be interested to know and prepare yourselves to receive similar.

There is quite a bit of bumpf with it saying that you can't appeal an APN and that they may choose not to give the money back even if you win a tribunal at appeal in case they win appealing that and you don't pay.

90 days penalties etc etc - I expect you'll all get them soon as they dribble out.
              Are you an MTM scheme User or some other one? If MTM, should you contact DR \ Whitehouse \ MTM immediately?

EDIT, oops, just seen you said for the MP scheme. Bit worrying then!
              Last edited by BolshieBastard; 18 February 2015, 16:55.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

snip

So the only get out would be to appeal for a Judicial Review on APNs but with one of them already in progress would a second one be allowed....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

This is for MP scheme:

I will retract what I just put on my post, apparently this is the case in terms of penalties:

5% if the tax in dispute is not paid by the deadline. Further penalties of 5% will be charged five and 11 months after the original payment date. These penalties will not be charged if the taxpayer has a time to pay arrangement in place before the deadline or has a 'reasonable excuse' until payment is made.

so basically if you agree TTP you dont incur penalties. Wonder if you can agree TTP to offset the penalties while following a JR path within the 90 days?

Be interesting to see if the APN goes pre DOTAS and what interest etc has been applied.
                  Last edited by smalldog; 18 February 2015, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                    I still dont get that even if you agree a payment plan with HMRC within the 90 days then unless you pay the entire amount owing within that 90 days you still get a penalty. That really doesnt seem fair to me. Probably their way of trying to convince people to cough up without going legal which obviously extends beyond the 90 days.
                    bit worrying - maybe coincidental but they've also not paid me a tax refund for year before last - I've always been refunded money owed to me quite quickly - on chasing them they refused to say why - maybe unrelated..

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                      Be interesting to see if the APN goes pre DOTAS and what interest etc has been applied.
                      There's no interest on APNs.

They really would be taking the mickey if they, say, issued an APN against 2001/2.

But I'm fully expecting them to balls it up as usual.

Comment

Working...
                      X