• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    CE may be hard bastards but they know how to use the law.
    They are good at lying too. And harassment.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      CE may be hard bastards but they know how to use the law.

Don't you mean abuse?

Comment

No I don't.

The Inland Revenue and the Customs & Excise are 2 separate entities merged into HMRC.

As I said in a separate post the Inland Revenue (Corp Tax, IR35 etc) are a bunch of bowler hatted jobsworths who can hardly find their arses with their own hands. The Customs and Excise (VAT, Excise duty, etc) are a bunch of efficient ruthless bastards who have had rogues and smugglers shooting at and generally trying to kill them for centuries.

I like the VAT man - you treat him right, he'll treat you right.

Try to diddle him and he'll come after you with a red hot poker.

People need to be aware that the pen-pushing, bureaucratic Inland Revenue arm has (only just) appropriated the powers of the land from the Customs and Excise guys who know how to use it properly.

Unlike the CE*, the IR do not treat the law with respect - they are using it as a threat to bully and intimidate. This might well back-fire on them.

(*since I'm not an arms dealer or cigarette importer)
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Sorry my mistake, I missed that you were only talking about the Customs lot.

Comment

Tomorrow

Positive response from my MP who'll attend in person subject to a packed diary. Whats the email for whitehouse for me to forward it to or are they on copy of the NTRT email address ?

Comment

Originally posted by travellingknob View Post
              Positive response from my MP who'll attend in person subject to a packed diary. Whats the email for whitehouse for me to forward it to or are they on copy of the NTRT email address ?
              WH receive the emails to info and members (@ notoretrotax.org.uk)

Comment

good luck tomorrow lads hope you win some hearts and minds

p.s. what happened to tax shouldnt be taxing?? not seen them post for a bit
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                  Beavering away behind the scenes, and will be there tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                    good luck tomorrow lads hope you win some hearts and minds

WPSS.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Is there anyway of finding out during tomorrow how its going/gone? Will anyone be reporting?

Comment

Working...
                      X