• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel like were about to go over the top into no mans land. Just waiting for the final whistle. Good Luck everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
      Feel like were about to go over the top into no mans land. Just waiting for the final whistle. Good Luck everyone!
      I don't think HMRC know what a tulipstorm they are about to create.

(damn, I hate that profanity filter!)
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        I don't think HMRC know what a tulipstorm they are about to create.
        Thanks for that Santa.
        To all our readers - you have no idea how much comfort my wife and I get from this forum. Just knowing we are not alone in this and we have the support that comes from NTRT and WG keeps the Black Dog away.

On the other hand I just want this over now.
        Last edited by TAF4; 18 February 2015, 22:21. Reason: Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by TAF4 View Post
          Thanks for that Santa.
          To all our readers - you have no idea how much comfort my wife and I get from this forum. Just knowing we are not alone in this and we have the support that comes from NTRT and WG keeps the Black Dog away.

On the other hand I just want this over now.
          Total agree and well said Sir, but over in my case is only bankruptcy unless Hmrc come to there senses, no 100k pot of in my Swiss bank account. Crazy bloody world this:-(

Comment

The fight is not over. The next few months are going to be a roller-coaster, but it's not over. Lurkers should join NTRT to strengthen our hand. It might be the last chance you have.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
              The fight is not over. The next few months are going to be a roller-coaster, but it's not over. Lurkers should join NTRT to strengthen our hand. It might be the last chance you have.
              If lurkers still want to join us, now is a very good time.

We may raise the minimum donation soon, to be fair to our members who have stuck with us right from the beginning and made regular donations.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                If lurkers still want to join us, now is a very good time.

We may raise the minimum donation soon, to be fair to our members who have stuck with us right from the beginning and made regular donations.
                made another small donation, 2nd child looms!

Comment

Originally posted by bombaycat View Post
                  This is for MP scheme:

So the warning is concrete and official and the timescale is now known.

I guess the rest of you might be interested to know and prepare yourselves to receive similar.

There is quite a bit of bumpf with it saying that you can't appeal an APN and that they may choose not to give the money back even if you win a tribunal at appeal in case they win appealing that and you don't pay.

90 days penalties etc etc - I expect you'll all get them soon as they dribble out.
                  They've already been telling us about this stuff for months. So why send a letter to warn you that you'll soon be getting another letter? Sounds like deliberate scare tactics to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
                    They've already been telling us about this stuff for months. So why send a letter to warn you that you'll soon be getting another letter? Sounds like deliberate scare tactics to me.
                    Agree, why tell you a bill is coming. Just trying to strike fear or maybe hoping people will prepare to pay up when it lands. Either way its a somewhat unusual tactic. for some people this will obviously come totally out of the blue, wouldnt like to be in their shoes!

Comment

Agree, why tell you a bill is coming. Just trying to strike fear or maybe hoping people will prepare to pay up when it lands. Either way its a somewhat unusual tactic. for some people this will obviously come totally out of the blue, wouldnt like to be in their shoes!
                      Perhaps they just want to give us an extra few weeks warning, so that we can save REALLY hard to find that £100K.

Comment

Working...
                      X