• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

I have seen them advertised on CUK for many years and think Luisa who used to post on here runs one of them. And also never seen anything bad about them (unlike gorilla) which is always a good sign - no news is good news - so if I was looking would consider them.
    but they are more expensive than Gorilla and, like any accountants, if you can't be arsed to make it work it won't work out for you.I'm not sure I'd want to use Aardvark on the basis of "no news is good news".
    They may well be fine, but there are other, well recommended accountants, that cost less.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

but they are more expensive than Gorilla and, like any accountants, if you can't be arsed to make it work it won't work out for you.I'm not sure I'd want to use Aardvark on the basis of "no news is good news".
      They may well be fine, but there are other, well recommended accountants, that cost less.
      Well I mean no news is good news = never heard a complaint on here - which is positive for this forum and the fact they have been around for many years so can only be a good thing OR they have zero clients, but am sure the former. I have seen SG accounting advertised for many years is all I am saying and never seen anything bad - so not used personally but saying that is a good signal in answer to the original question. Price is not everything Lance as am sure you know.

Comment

Originally posted by 2022TTM View Post

unlike gorilla? Can you elaborate?
        Only from memory there were issues with the marketing and I remember getting a letter from them and slating my accountant at the time - which was seen as a bit maybe aggressive. I have not used their service but can not comment at all and seems ok on this forum. But personally I would also be conscious of recommendations that also have a referral fee tagged along with it.

Comment

any feedback on intouch accounting vs gorilla accounting?

Comment

Originally posted by piyush1132003 View Post
            I am with Gorilla and I personally think(after reading online feedback and personal experience) they are far better than many of the others. Dedicated accountant and same day response service gives me a peace of mind that if there is anything urgent, I can just pick up the phone and get straight to my accountant!

Happy to share my referral if you decide to join them.

Comment

It does say on the first page...

Maslins
              BI Accountancy
              Dolan Accountancy
              Gorilla Accounting
              Clarity Accounting

The following two have been long termers in the list but a bit of noise about the recently.

InTouch Accounting
              Crunch Accounting
              Which should lead you to want to do a bit of digging.

To dig you search the forums using the google search method. Type 'intouch site:forums.contractoruk.com' in to google and you get this result which has a number of posts about issues with intouch in the not too distant past
              https://www.google.com/search?q=into...hrome&ie=UTF-8
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Myself, if I were wanting an accountant, the first firm I would call are Maslins. I like what they say. I also like very much that the firm is employee owned and is immune to selling out for top dollar.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

It does say on the first page...

Which should lead you to want to do a bit of digging.

To dig you search the forums using the google search method. Type 'intouch site:forums.contractoruk.com' in to google and you get this result which has a number of posts about issues with intouch in the not too distant past
                  https://www.google.com/search?q=into...hrome&ie=UTF-8
                  Clarity Taxation not "Accounting"

Comment

Originally posted by JHamp82 View Post

I am with Gorilla and I personally think(after reading online feedback and personal experience) they are far better than many of the others. Dedicated accountant and same day response service gives me a peace of mind that if there is anything urgent, I can just pick up the phone and get straight to my accountant!

Happy to share my referral if you decide to join them.
                    PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post

Clarity Taxation not "Accounting"
                      ^^^^ InTouch went seriously downhill when Clare and Craig left. Definitely worth considering Clarity Taxation.

Comment

Working...
                      X