• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice please - accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caps it

hello everyone - this is my very first post on the forum - can anyone comment on caps-it accountancy? I'm an IT contractor and been cold called recently by them and offered attractive first year rate. Is anyone using them? Are they any good / bad?

Comment

Originally posted by jakub View Post
      hello everyone - this is my very first post on the forum - can anyone comment on caps-it accountancy? I'm an IT contractor and been cold called recently by them and offered attractive first year rate. Is anyone using them? Are they any good / bad?
      What’s there offer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        What’s there offer ?

According to their website from £50 a month with a big star next to it. Couldn't find the star to see what the bad news was.

Not a Free Agent accountant so I'm afraidy advice is don't bother.

Well done for resurrecting a 10 year old thread.

Go have a look at this sticky
        https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-requests.html
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You asking for advice or are you actually advertising?
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            According to their website from £50 a month with a big star next to it. Couldn't find the star to see what the bad news was.

Not a Free Agent accountant so I'm afraidy advice is don't bother.

Well done for resurrecting a 10 year old thread.

Go have a look at this sticky
            https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-requests.html
            Thank you - this thread is listed in the sticky. What's the advantage of Free Agent - is it transferrable between accountants? I'm with SJD at the moment and I'm not happy with the service recently, accountants are churning a lot and there's lot of sloppiness.

Caps IT cold called and offered a year service for £50 a year +VAT. Initially I was not interested but now SJD is bugging me more and more.

Comment

IMO 50 quid is too cheap. I can't see how they can spend anytime on you for what is less than an hour a month work. Average seems to be around the 100 quid mark which includes FA.

Free Agent is an excellent tool and market leader. Its here to stay so if you don't like your next accountant it's simple to switch to another FA one.

Going from SJD to FA may take a little time to reinput the data but you'll save a ton more by using FA going forward. It's what I did and I've never looked back.

Although not on the list, if you are nervous about transferring, you could speak yo Sarah from Paper Rocket Accounting. She's ex SJD so known their workings and also FA so should be more seemless but at the end of the day all the accountants on that list will have on boarded SJD guys so won't be an issues.

Don't get caught up by sales pitches and particularly overly cheap prices. Do your own research.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                IMO 50 quid is too cheap. I can't see how they can spend anytime on you for what is less than an hour a month work. Average seems to be around the 100 quid mark which includes FA.

Free Agent is an excellent tool and market leader. Its here to stay so if you don't like your next accountant it's simple to switch to another FA one.

Going from SJD to FA may take a little time to reinput the data but you'll save a ton more by using FA going forward. It's what I did and I've never looked back.

Although not on the list, if you are nervous about transferring, you could speak yo Sarah from Paper Rocket Accounting. She's ex SJD so known their workings and also FA so should be more seemless but at the end of the day all the accountants on that list will have on boarded SJD guys so won't be an issues.

Don't get caught up by sales pitches and particularly overly cheap prices. Do your own research.
                Agree with all, but accountants will need to take a big hair-cut in fees when 70% of there contractors go PAYE next year and they fight for remaining Business

Comment

caps it

I also had a cold call from them recently. When I asked for an example of how they're different than my current accountant, i was told they are a 'HMRC compliant' solution whereby they would invoice my ltd company for 'services' from one of their 'many' ltd companies; my ltd company would then pay the invoice, and caps-it would then pay that money into my personal bank account as salary (and i would retain 90% apparently). I couldn't be bothered asking more questions. Seems totally legit and i'm sure HMRC approve of this method.....

When i asked him to email me the example he gave me, he refused to put it in writing but said he could email me their standard brochure.

Really hope no one falls for this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    My accountants fees have been creeping up over the years, they now come in at 1500 + VAT

for -

Annual return
                    Corp tax
                    NI schedule

Is there anybody out there who would do it for about half of that ?

Crunch Accounting.

About £800/year + VAT. I do bookkeeping in the online portal, and they file everything for me (payroll, VAT, corporation tax, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post

Crunch Accounting.

About £800/year + VAT. I do bookkeeping in the online portal, and they file everything for me (payroll, VAT, corporation tax, etc).
                      Great suggestion but he asked 11 years ago

Comment

Working...
                      X