• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice please - accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    So, if you are asked to rate something you'll say its satisfactory instead of good? I think most people would rate satisfactory as a level below something rated as good. I certainly do.

Accountants regulatory \ professional bodies recommend, your accountant should have at least one face 2 face with the client in a 12 month period. Many gloss over that with a telephone call I guess.

Im surprised you are not sure about a professional two way relationship with your accountant. Perhaps you dont. Alternatively, perhaps you'd be happy dealing with a grumpy, sharp or couldnt really care less attitude from someone so long as it saves you a few quid.

As you say, each to their own, I guess.
    I'm with NW, and the attitude I've experienced from everyone I've ever spoken to there has never been anything less than completely professional.

WRT a face to face, I guess that depends on your individual circumstances. I've never felt it necessary, and whenever I phone up with the invariable numpty question I've always got a prompt and accurate response.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Alternatively, perhaps you'd be happy dealing with a grumpy, sharp or couldnt really care less attitude from someone so long as it saves you a few quid.
      Now when did I say that? I will not be happy. With more than 2 years with NW I didn't experience that. Just because an accountant (or any service provider for that matter) doesn't cost as much money as another accountant doesn't mean that their service will be 'grumpy, sharp or couldnt really care less attitude'

Comment

Accountants regulatory \ professional bodies recommend, your accountant should have at least one face 2 face with the client in a 12 month period. Many gloss over that with a telephone call I guess.
        Some clients don't want this type of contact especially if their affairs are simple.

If my accountant contacted me to tell me to come and see them twice a year I would ignore them and feel p1ssed off. If they asked me more than once I would change accountants.

Im surprised you are not sure about a professional two way relationship with your accountant. Perhaps you dont. Alternatively, perhaps you'd be happy dealing with a grumpy, sharp or couldnt really care less attitude from someone so long as it saves you a few quid.
        Why do you presume that just because someone is happy with an accountant who they don't see in person but answers their telephone or email questions promptly that the accountant has a grumpy, sharp or couldn't care less attitude? Especially if that accountant manages to answer email questions normally within the hour when they state they are on holiday.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I am actually coming round to Bolshies point of view on this.

Could anyone put me in touch with an accountant who will charge me double what I am paying at the moment. I would like to get someone for 3 or maybe even 4.5k

Service must be above satisfactory though.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

try these - http://www.accountancyage.com/resources/top50

I heard PWC is very good. but you can't pop in anytime.
            KPMG isn't as good but allows popping in anytime.
            Don't know about Deloitte.

Comment

Another vote for Nixon Williams - been with them through about a dozen contracts now and always v good service

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                I am actually coming round to Bolshies point of view on this.

Could anyone put me in touch with an accountant who will charge me double what I am paying at the moment. I would like to get someone for 3 or maybe even 4.5k

Service must be above satisfactory though.

How about you use NW and just give me 3 grand a year for the recommendation?

Seriously though, if you do choose to go with them, PM me and I'll split the referral fee with you.
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

£63 a month using Uptons

Good prompt service.

All the returns, PAYE/NI, Corp tax, monthly "position" statement if you need it (just send in your latest accounts and they'll calculate if you have any surplus or need to save more to cover tax returns, etc..)
                  everything else included

job done and half the price EO

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
                    £63 a month using Uptons

Good prompt service.

All the returns, PAYE/NI, Corp tax, monthly "position" statement if you need it (just send in your latest accounts and they'll calculate if you have any surplus or need to save more to cover tax returns, etc..)
                    everything else included

job done and half the price EO
                    cue BolshieB....
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

+1 for NW...

Always helpful and polite...

Comment

Working...
                      X