• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nixon Williams Junk Mail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I'm not in the market for a new accountant at this point, I must admit music on a professional website makes me turn round and run instantly, it gives off entirely the wrong vibes.

Comment

Originally posted by kali View Post
      WHS

Nixon Williams are a top accountant and I can't fault them.

IMHO the OP should lose the attitude....
      Astounding. It's the OP that's in the wrong.

Well, IMHO just because you like Nixon Williams hardly means that someone who gets apparently unsolicited email from them may not complain about it.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Astounding. It's the OP that's in the wrong.

Well, IMHO just because you like Nixon Williams hardly means that someone who gets apparently unsolicited email from them may not complain about it.
        We do not send unsolicited emails! If someone registers on our site then they can opt to receive newsletters etc, but it is their choice.

We do distribute our newsletters by post, but if you email or phone the office we would be delighted to remove your name.

Alan

Comment

If you read the OP it's pretty clear that they're talking about snailmail, not email.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
            We do not send unsolicited emails! If someone registers on our site then they can opt to receive newsletters etc, but it is their choice.

We do distribute our newsletters by post, but if you email or phone the office we would be delighted to remove your name.

Alan
            I wasn't suggesting that you do. I was getting at the non sequitur in kali's

Nixon Williams are a top accountant and I can't fault them.

IMHO the OP should lose the attitude....

Comment

I wasn't suggesting that you do. I was getting at the non sequitur in kali's
              Darling, I was just suggesting that that the OP is displaying some OTT attitude just because he got a bit of junk mail, poor lamb....

Originally posted by richy View Post
              They've got a Blackmark in my book now, I won't be using them ever.
              Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
              "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
              Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
                I am not totally clear if this is aimed at us as you hide behind a name. If it is I would be delighted to look into this for you even if you have chosen another accountant.

Email me at alanatnixonwilliams.com and I will respond, even it is just to know where we went wrong, if the comment in genuine of course!

I would not say we "hawk our wares" on this site, I am here to answer questions and provide an opinion if people chose to use our services as a result, then that is nice.

I hope you do well.

Alan
                I don't hide behind a name any more than any other of my contractor colleagues on this forum.

At under 2 hours, the speed of response is impressive, truly "More time posting than coding"!

For anyone considering which accountancy service to use, I'll only re-state the point, the moral, of my previous post - please use the PCG Accredited Accountants list. This valuable resource wasn't available when I was making the important decision of which to use and my poor choice cost me dear. Some of the accountancy services posting on this forum are on the list, some are not.

As far as the "hawking" question is concerned, it speaks for itself, and contractors are necessarily a savvy bunch so I don't need to add anything more, save to say that my PCG-approved accountant doesn't undulge in such practices.

Oh and before I go, once again...please use the PCG Accredited Accountants List. You'll be glad you did!

Comment

Can you at least use the right name - they're Quality Accountants, or PCG QA accredited. And while they are universally pretty good, it means they are trained up in the niceties of IR35 and all the other stuff that affects contractors, and are pretty expert in the relevant tax law, it does not mean they are good accountants.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    Can you at least use the right name - they're Quality Accountants, or PCG QA accredited. And while they are universally pretty good, it means they are trained up in the niceties of IR35 and all the other stuff that affects contractors, and are pretty expert in the relevant tax law, it does not mean they are good accountants.
                    No they're not. They are PCG Accredited Accountants.

Comment

I am still not clear if this is aimed at us, however if it is, it is disappointing that you fail to respond to my request to let me have more details on this.

I can only assume from this reluctance that your post is not genuine and probably an unhappy competitor rather than a past client.

If you are genuine then feel free to email me at alanatnixonwilliams.com

Alan

Originally posted by Silas View Post
                      I don't hide behind a name any more than any other of my contractor colleagues on this forum.

At under 2 hours, the speed of response is impressive, truly "More time posting than coding"!

For anyone considering which accountancy service to use, I'll only re-state the point, the moral, of my previous post - please use the PCG Accredited Accountants list. This valuable resource wasn't available when I was making the important decision of which to use and my poor choice cost me dear. Some of the accountancy services posting on this forum are on the list, some are not.

As far as the "hawking" question is concerned, it speaks for itself, and contractors are necessarily a savvy bunch so I don't need to add anything more, save to say that my PCG-approved accountant doesn't undulge in such practices.

Oh and before I go, once again...please use the PCG Accredited Accountants List. You'll be glad you did!

Comment

Working...
                      X