• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nixon Williams Junk Mail"

Collapse

• Silas
    replied
    "Not worth listening to"...in my case it's undoubtedly true! But I enjoy the banter over the radio waves and dearly wish that I could devote more time to it.

I'm pleased that other people are happy with their current service, whichever provider they use. I would simply ask, however: unless you understand the numbers you're provided with, including those in your Annual Accounts, how do you know? I too was blissfully unaware until an HMRC investigation forced me into educating myself and going back through my books.

Rather than an axe to grind, I would prefer to say that I have a drum to bang, one which has "PCG Accredited Accountant" written on the side. Experienced posters can throw tomatoes at me (I like tomtatoes) but my aim is purely altruistic and non-commercial and intended primarily for new-starters who may not be aware of the options available to them.

So, dear person-seeking-an-accountant, please: take no notice of recommendations for accountants posted here; take no notice of recommendations for accountants made by me - I won't ever mention which accountant I use; do take notice of which accountants are accredited by the PCG.

Educate yourself! Understand your Annual Accounts! Use the PCG Accredited Accountants list!
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 5 August 2008, 19:14.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by LordF View Post
    I have been with Nixon Williams for past 15 months and am very happy with their service. I dont see what all the fuss being made here is about.
    It's someone with an ulterior motive I suspect…

Leave a comment:

• LordF
    replied
    I have been with Nixon Williams for past 15 months and am very happy with their service. I dont see what all the fuss being made here is about.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
    I've been with Nixon Williams for over a year now and have nothing but good things to say about them.

I would have no hesitation in recomending them to other newbies.

Sounds like you have an axe to grind about something..........I think your status of "not worth listening to" is particularly relevant in this case.
    WHS - I've had nothing but excellent service

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied
    Re Nixon Williams

I use Nixon Williams as my accountant, and they do a good job.

The mail & snail mail stuff is useful at times for a quick read. However if you don't want it don't ask for it. It's not rocket science to opt out.

As for the music on there revamped website, it definitely needs to GO.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by THEPUMA View Post
    No they're not. They are PCG Accredited Accountants.
    So they are. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• AZZIK
    replied
    I've been with Nixon Williams for over a year now and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Sounds like you have an axe to grind about something..........I think your status of "not worth listening to" is particularly relevant in this case.
    Here here!

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied

WHS - I am also happy with Nixon Williams

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    Originally posted by Silas
    Another speedy response, less than 1.5 hours this time. You clearly monitor this forum very closely, and it gives the lie to your claims that this is not an important business channel for you.

It’s an unreasonable assumption to make that I’m an unhappy competitor, and it’s wrong.

To any newbies – use the PCG Accredited Accountants list! Ignore the nay-sayers! Ignore the protestations of non-accredited accountants on this forum! You’ll be glad you did!

Leave a comment:

• THEPUMA
    replied
    [quote removed by CUK]

Maybe he subscribes to this thread. I'm sure I would if there was one with my firm's name in the title.

Having said that, I totally agree about using a PCG Accredited Accountant!
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 5 August 2008, 19:06.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by ferret View Post
    Back to the OP, I have been getting the junk mail too. Several times. Can't be arsed to RTS I just bin it, takes less time.
    recycle

Leave a comment:

• max
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Wow! that was loud!

Nice layout though

I had to check it out
    Me too....I've never seen...er..heard a web site before...bizarre.

Quality was dire...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Wow! that was loud!

Nice layout though

I had to check it out

Leave a comment:

• Nixon Williams
    replied
    I am still not clear if this is aimed at us, however if it is, it is disappointing that you fail to respond to my request to let me have more details on this.

I can only assume from this reluctance that your post is not genuine and probably an unhappy competitor rather than a past client.

If you are genuine then feel free to email me at alanatnixonwilliams.com

Alan

Originally posted by Silas View Post
    I don't hide behind a name any more than any other of my contractor colleagues on this forum.

At under 2 hours, the speed of response is impressive, truly "More time posting than coding"!

For anyone considering which accountancy service to use, I'll only re-state the point, the moral, of my previous post - please use the PCG Accredited Accountants list. This valuable resource wasn't available when I was making the important decision of which to use and my poor choice cost me dear. Some of the accountancy services posting on this forum are on the list, some are not.

As far as the "hawking" question is concerned, it speaks for itself, and contractors are necessarily a savvy bunch so I don't need to add anything more, save to say that my PCG-approved accountant doesn't undulge in such practices.

Oh and before I go, once again...please use the PCG Accredited Accountants List. You'll be glad you did!

Leave a comment:

• THEPUMA
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Can you at least use the right name - they're Quality Accountants, or PCG QA accredited. And while they are universally pretty good, it means they are trained up in the niceties of IR35 and all the other stuff that affects contractors, and are pretty expert in the relevant tax law, it does not mean they are good accountants.
    No they're not. They are PCG Accredited Accountants.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X