• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unacceptable aggression on CUK

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    I totally agree with you Denny.
    I thought you had quit about 7 pages back.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Wow what a nice bunch of very friendly and helpful people you all are on CUK, this is very refreshing for a newbie such as myself! Thank you.

Anyone who says you're a bunch of intolerant, agressive @rsoles should be publically pilloried on these board and driven away under a barage of abuse Just like on the PCG !

HTH
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
        I thought you had quit about 7 pages back.
        I lied.
        The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

HTH
          You missed the incorrect use of the word 'these'.
          The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            I can't believe this thread is 24 pages long. Will it grow to tpd proportions?

Change your settings to 40 posts per page and it's only 4 pages long.

And no - it won't even get as far as the counting thread, let alone the beast that is TPD.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              That's no excuse for kicking newbies in the teeth just for the gratuitous fun of it.
              The point that you are missing is that newbies very rarely get kicked in the teeth. We probably do overreact sometimes when we are having a bad day or when the same question that we have answered in detailed get asked for the tenth time in one morning because the poster couldn't be bothered to look at the first ten posts in the forum.

By and large information is provided and the information is as accurate as it can be. If you actually look at Chris79's posts for example both were answered and while the postings may have been abrupt they were not overly rude initially (although they have started to get that way now)

Comment

Yet, I did and I remember you thanking me profusely for it at the time.
                I said

Thanks Denny
                You might think that is profuse.. but you are a nut job. And just because you showed respect to Sir Ed .. doesnt make you any less obnoxious. As for being 2 faced.... get a grip.. and take your silly board politics elsewhere little girl.

Comment

Over the last few days we have seen a new CUK classic come into the world. Gawd bless the little fella!

I have lurked on this board for longer than I care to remember, back when it was on EZ-Board or whatever it was called. This is the way the forum has always been. Some n00bs need a good , in our stress-filled lives it feels good to believe we are superior for a minute or two and we know that our fellow contractors may end up with a keyboard / coffee moment if we are harsh or critical enough - and that feels good!

I do not think there has been any unacceptable aggression on here and neither can the administrators or the thread would have been pulled ages ago and people banned due to their comments in other threads.

I did suggest in one thread that people were being overly quick to criticise but hell, we all have off days.

We all know what this board is about, if people can stand up to the banter then they stay and these are the kind of people that fit in around here. This is no place for the over-sensitive or those that take themselves too seriously - part of what makes a good contractor in my opinion.

While this thread has been entertaining I think it is time we let it die.
                  my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                    ..I did suggest in one thread that people were being overly quick to criticise ...
                    How very dare you?!

...flounces of in a huff. Or an hour and a huff.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post

This is no place for the over-sensitive or those that take themselves too seriously - part of what makes a good contractor in my opinion.
                      What a load of self indulgent rubbish. The other side of your peculiar coin is this

The CUK is a place for bullies and aggro merchants to pick on the vulnerable and those who have human sensitivities instead of showing psycho traits that are the norm in IT, and for people who don't take their professionalism seriously.

Jeeez.....no wonder HMRC love us. Howthey can take contractors seriously about wanting to run a business instead of just trying it on to avoid tax is now very evident. Bullying goes hand in hand with cheating, or didn't you know that?

Comment

Working...
                      X