• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

tax enquiry insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I'd say here is don't buy it from your accountant. Whenever I've heard any accountants talk about offering this to their clients, they chuckle about the fact they add a huge markup on the premium itself, then if ever HMRC query anything, the accountant can get paid £££ from the insurer for dealing with it.

Fear sells, and it's an easy way your accountant can cream extra cash from you without you realising.

If you're going to get insurance like this, make sure it benefits you, not your accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
      All I'd say here is don't buy it from your accountant. Whenever I've heard any accountants talk about offering this to their clients, they chuckle about the fact they add a huge markup on the premium itself, then if ever HMRC query anything, the accountant can get paid £££ from the insurer for dealing with it.

Fear sells, and it's an easy way your accountant can cream extra cash from you without you realising.

If you're going to get insurance like this, make sure it benefits you, not your accountant.
      Apart from anything else, this is one way to guarantee an MSCP/MSC relationship under ITEPA Ch. 9, so if you know of any accountants doing that, I despair.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

oh the FLC hasn’t been forgotten - I’m
        expecting it to appear in the next Labour Government as a fix for self employment - basically it will make you PAYE but allow some money to be kept untaxed for use during periods where you aren’t working.
        Good God, who thinks these things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu2020 View Post

Good God, who thinks these things up.
          IPSE

Comment

Working...
          X